You ever feel like you might be a gay man in a woman's body?

Page 1 of 6 [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2010, 1:39 am

I don't know about being a gay guy trapped in a woman's body but I do relate sexually better with gay guys than I do hetero females. I love appreciating the beauty of a man's body. I really use to think there was something wrong with me. Seems like as a female you're either suppose to loath or only like a guy for his personality or money only.

JVDifferent
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Aug 2010, 11:55 am

All the time. I have a ridiculous amount of testosterone for a girl, so even though I'm bi, I come across as very masculine.

Oddly, I've had two gay friends admit sexual attraction to me before. Bwa?

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2010, 6:53 am

Sometimes yes. Although maybe it's mostly social. If I didn't get told by society that I'm mainly just a nurturer, obsessed with being sexy, have no visual-spatial skills, emotion-oriented, want love but not sex, etc, oh, and I'm not allowed to be physically strong or have anything other than a soft smooth skinny body with big breasts and no muscle...I think I would be okay with being female.

mv
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2010, 3:07 pm

mechanicalgirl39 wrote:
Sometimes yes. Although maybe it's mostly social. If I didn't get told by society that I'm mainly just a nurturer, obsessed with being sexy, have no visual-spatial skills, emotion-oriented, want love but not sex, etc, oh, and I'm not allowed to be physically strong or have anything other than a soft smooth skinny body with big breasts and no muscle...I think I would be okay with being female.

*Word*, mechanicalgirl39!

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2010, 3:17 pm

mv wrote:
mechanicalgirl39 wrote:

I second that.

For women it seems like you're the one who is suppose to be oogled at. Like stripping is something that's suppose to turn women on while guys get to do most of the oogling.

pandorazmtbox
Toucan
Toucan

12 Aug 2010, 11:26 am

MissConstrue wrote:
mv wrote:
mechanicalgirl39 wrote:

I second that.

For women it seems like you're the one who is suppose to be oogled at. Like stripping is something that's suppose to turn women on while guys get to do most of the oogling.

:D Sisters!

I relate really well to gay men--we find the same things fun, they know how to have a good time, they tell each other to step off when there is just too much meow hiss hiss going on, they tell the same filthy jokes I enjoy and yet they are also supportive. Can't say I've ever been attracted sexually (wish I could handle that because benefits with no strings would be an okay thing right now), but my most 'fun' friends are all gay. I've said this before...that perhaps I'm just a gay man trapped in a straight girl's body.

BrendaEM
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Aug 2010, 7:06 am

I have known FTM's who regard themselves as gay, in that their sexual object choice is also male, after transition.

I have met "normal" women who were swishy, as much as I have met normal men who were dykie.

In Tony Atwood's book, there is a section on cross-gender identification in people who have ASD attributes. I don't think most transsexual people have what is regarded as ASD attributes, any more that I think that most ASD attributed people have what is regarded as gender issues.

To my sensibilities, as a transsexual person of 19 years transition, and someone who has attended support groups for over 10 years, I tend to think that it's convenient to have a gender model which supports attributes of 5 genders, male, female, effeminate, emasculate, and androgynous, androgynous being that which spans the other attributes.

I also think that our sexuality is a product of gender, and not the other way around. What are people when they are not being having sex--just being themselves.

Not in the conventional sense, but to my idea of gender ASD attributes are part of one's gender, in that I see gender as only the static and absolute, non-sexual relationship and interaction between our self/id/soul thing and our bodies and the relative dynamics that we feel with others.

MoralAnimal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Aug 2010, 4:18 pm

I feel the same way. I identify as bi-gender. Some days I wake up feeling like a male. I often feel like I was born without certain bits. Some days I only feel like a female though. I am mostly attracted to men, so a lot of time I really do feel like a gay man. I live in a gay neighborhood and often pass as a gay man in the clubs.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2010, 11:33 pm

pandorazmtbox wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
mv wrote:
mechanicalgirl39 wrote:

I second that.

:D Sisters!

I relate really well to gay men--we find the same things fun, they know how to have a good time, they tell each other to step off when there is just too much meow hiss hiss going on, they tell the same filthy jokes I enjoy and yet they are also supportive. Can't say I've ever been attracted sexually (wish I could handle that because benefits with no strings would be an okay thing right now), but my most 'fun' friends are all gay. I've said this before...that perhaps I'm just a gay man trapped in a straight girl's body.

I think too women are much more competitive than men are with eachother. I don't want paint the gay community in one general brush stroke but I feel like there's less pressure to be something you're not especially in regards to gender roles. Shockingly women can be just as bad as men in regards to a woman's sexuality. With guys they can oogle at ladies and both comment on how pretty she is but if you're with a lot of women, it's disgusting to even relish about what's under there or how good looking a guy is. I'm not saying a lot of women are like this but it just seems like in the media and in reality I'm told to be the eye candy but when it comes to appreciating the eye candy of the opposite gender....there's something wrong with me. What's funny is I find myself getting more of the criticism from women than I do men. What I like about gay men is they aren't shy about their sexuality and seem more supportive toward many of the sexual spectrums and genders.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 4:43 pm

YES!! ! This thinking stopped after I met my husband though... a straight, aspie guy but rather androgenous in many ways) IF ONLY this website existed back in the 80's, I could've cleared up my head so quickly! Instead I ended up paying hundreds of dollars on psychotherapists who could not help me. Here, I'm being taken back in time by many of the younger member's posts. If I were in touch with my AS before the age of say 14, I would've had a much richer life. I'm 48 now. I was diagnosed at 30 but didn't buy it because every book I read dealt with severe autism and not the type I have.

whatamess
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 3:17 am

Yep to the first question...I have said many times to both my husband and an old boyfriend I had that I trusted 100% that I did not feel "feminine"...that I felt like I was a boy, but I liked them...very weird...they of course would tell me, "but you are very feminine..." which is weird because I didn't feel that way at all...

As far as the gay issue, I've had more than one gay man tell me "if I wasn't the way I was, I would ask you out"...huh? Yes, an older man that used to work with me would bug me all the time and say "too funny, you can't get a straight guy but you can get a gay guy..." haha sigh...

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 3:42 am

I used to think so all the time, but now I don't so much.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2010, 2:16 pm

I feel that I'm a straight man, in a woman's body.

MoralAnimal
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Sep 2010, 7:11 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I feel that I'm a straight man, in a woman's body.

I know the feeling....

chessimprov
Toucan
Toucan

26 Sep 2010, 6:10 pm

yeah I have a lack of muscles, all I need are larger breasts, lol.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2010, 11:58 am

Maybe kinda sorta..
I did date an ASish guy for 2 years who felt like he was a lesbian in a man's body..he was sorta Gender-queer and naturally effeminate...I had an early crush on a guy and didn't even notice that he was obviously gay...a friend had to point it out to me...A few relationships I have been in have been with guys who turned out to be bisexual....so maybe..