Does being gay alleviate some of the symptoms of aspergers?

Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Thom_Fuleri
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 12:26 pm

dr01dguy wrote:
I'll believe that "gay" brains are like "female" brains when women start drilling holes through the wall to the adjacent men's bathroom so they can give anonymous blowjobs to happy straight guys. :lmao:

Heh! Gay male brains are *more* like female brains. They aren't the same. They combine the female social sense with the male sex drive. Straight men are sex-mad, but they have to work to get any because women aren't as interested in sex. They like it, generally speaking, but they don't have the addictive urge that men do.

So gay men are constantly horny, and surrounded by other horny gay men, and... well, it's letting the monkey loose on the banana plantation. And that's a rather more visually apt metaphor than I intended, so sorry for that...

Quote:
...are officially 100% monogamous, and as a practical matter don't have sex.

That's me. Well, us. I've been in an "open" relationship before and it didn't work for me. I've been in threesomes, and those can be fun - or utterly terrible. In this relationship I'm with a guy who just isn't that sexually active. Lately it just doesn't happen. But I'm 95% sure he's not playing around and I know I'm not!

invisiblespectrum
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Feb 2012, 11:41 pm

There seem to be many layers of gender essentialism in the idea that gay autistic people are "milder" because we're more like female autistic people.

As for the original question, no, I don't find the two to have much to do with each other or one to make the other better. If anything it makes things worse, because LGBT spaces can be pretty ableist and disability-oriented spaces can be homophobic.