Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

NateRiver
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Oct 2013, 6:30 pm

She's quite uh' sexual and it just makes me uncomfortable. We're both 15 and girls, I really don't want to do stuff with her because it's just awkward and I'm body conscious anyway. I told her I think we should break her because of this and she's like 'no, I'll stop'. The thing is I know she won't stop though and I'm not ready to do that type of stuff... or maybe I'm just being a coward? ._. urgh..

LAlien
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Oct 2013, 6:41 pm

Ok, so first things first:
You are not being a coward!

I am also 15 and nowhere near ready to do... those things, with a male OR a female. Plenty of 15 year olds, neurotypicals too, feel the same way! We are still basically children, remember.

If she is making you uncomfortable, you should split.

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 6:58 pm

LAlien wrote:
Ok, so first things first:
You are not being a coward!

I am also 15 and nowhere near ready to do... those things, with a male OR a female. Plenty of 15 year olds, neurotypicals too, feel the same way! We are still basically children, remember.

If she is making you uncomfortable, you should split.

This, absolutely.

1401b
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2013, 8:06 pm

NateRiver wrote:
[...] I really don't want to do stuff with her [...]
I told her I think we should break [...]

Either of these two reasons are valid enough.

If you don't want to do stuff with her (regardless of what the stuff is, even model making)
and if the stuff is important to her (regardless if she says she'll stop, and it may not be fair to her to let her give that up)
then there's going to be hurt happening in this relationship to one or both of you.

Second, you seem to want to break it off. That's valid enough, staying in a relationship that is majorly unfun is... well unfun, the opposite of what the relationship should (on average) be.

You already said you think you should break, and that, in my opinion, is the answer to your question.

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 12:46 pm

If she is true to her word, and stops, then you don't need to break with her; and you have every reason to do so if she fails to keep her word.

But that raises a second question. Are you ever going to be ready to have a physical relationship with her? If not, are you doing a disservice to her, and her desire to have a physical relationship by continuing a relationship that might never become a physical one?

I don't think this is simply a question of what you are comfortable with; I think it's also a question of being honest with your gf (and yourself) about what kind of relationship you are able to be a part of.