Can people choose to be gay like they can choose ice cream f

Page 4 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 12:13 pm

ruveyn wrote:
However people can control their -actions-. That is the essence of free will.

ruveyn

This is about it.

You can't control what you feel, but you can choose how you act on it.

To that regard, a person does make a choice.

Otherwise, you might as well argue that a man MUST cheat on his wife if he finds another woman sexually desirable.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 12:34 pm

zer0netgain wrote:
ruveyn wrote:
However people can control their -actions-. That is the essence of free will.

ruveyn

This is about it.

You can't control what you feel, but you can choose how you act on it.

To that regard, a person does make a choice.

Otherwise, you might as well argue that a man MUST cheat on his wife if he finds another woman sexually desirable.

NAH.. some folks most definitely can control their feelings with the real scientifically acknowledge power of emotional regulation.

And it's been done in Eastern Philosophies for literally eons across human history, and before the traps of complex language, collective intelligence, complex cultures and mechanical cognition leaning thinking overwhelms the physical intelligence that does most definitely drive emotional regulation.

Unfortunately, it is a creative power in human relative free will that takes practice, practice, practice, per power within through physical intelligence free form movement that science does show regulates emotions, as well as providing sensory integration, and executive functioning prowess through the glue of memories and greater focus.

IN other words, there is no 'john 3:16' to get there, as metaphor only please, like a magic incantation or a little crystalized knowledge out of a science text book.

PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE.. HAS ALWAYs BEEN The KUNG FU way of regulating emotions for simple balanced bliss in the moment of knowing NOW.

Perhaps the greatest healing force of mankind IS the true PRACTICE AND POWER OF EMOTIONAL REGULATION THROUGH Relative Free Will, as emotions out of control, are usually a train headed for human misery, sooner or later ULTIMATELY IN DISEASE AND OR DISORDER OF THE physical kind measured by doctors.

I used to be diagnosed with 19 medical disorders, including a substantial challenge with life threatening ones, including AN emotional life compromised by Alexithymia.

I cured THEM ALL WITH MIND OVER MATTER, AND RELATIVE HUMAN FREE WILL, THROUGH THE REAL HUMAN EMOTING FORCE OF BELIEF, HOPE, FAITH, AND WILL IN ME AND ALL THAT IS AKA GOD OR Mother Nature TRUE, and yes THROUGH THE REAL SCIENTIFICALLY NOW MEASURED HIGHER POWER of physical intelligence through the free flow of movement otherwise known as interpretive dance that does regulate human emotion, enhance sensory integration and executive functioning, including memory, FOCUS, and EVEN STANDARD INTELLIGENCE, AS science shows even structured exercise as little as one hour long before a Standard IQ test can raise IQ points by 10 points.

BUT IF I was STILL stuck, like a stick in the mud, in mechanical cognition and a book OR Computer screen, instead of PURSUING THE ART OF HUMAN BEING, INSTEAD OF THE SYSTEMIZING SCIENCE PART ALONE, I would have never ever traveled and live like I do know in the real KINGDOM OF HEAVEN that can be now, for those who master life as Is NOW WITH MOTHER NATURE TRUE AKA GOD2! :)

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2015, 6:20 pm

You don't choose your sexuality, you're born with it, just like being on the spectrum.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 2:34 am

trans people often report their sexuality changes from desire towards one gender and then to the opposite gender, so it can definitely change over time for people

science is probably far away from figuring out how to flip the switch

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 6:47 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
trans people often report their sexuality changes from desire towards one gender and then to the opposite gender, so it can definitely change over time for people

And the secret for why such change is possible is simple....

If you know WHY you want to feel a certain way and CHOOSE to pursue it, you will get there. If a gay man wants to live a heterosexual life, it's a choice. He may always feel the occasional desire for another man, but if he made his choice for sound personal reasons that bring him peace and contentment, he will stick with his choice just as someone who promises to be faithful to their spouse will remain faithful because it was the choice and commitment they freely made.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 8:49 am

zer0netgain wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

And the secret for why such change is possible is simple....

If you know WHY you want to feel a certain way and CHOOSE to pursue it, you will get there. If a gay man wants to live a heterosexual life, it's a choice. He may always feel the occasional desire for another man, but if he made his choice for sound personal reasons that bring him peace and contentment, he will stick with his choice just as someone who promises to be faithful to their spouse will remain faithful because it was the choice and commitment they freely made.

Don't you have to be completely nuts to choose a lifestyle opposite to your own sexuality? I'm straight, I can't see any reason to have a relationship with men. I assume it's the same for gay people.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 10:56 am

LoveNotHate wrote:

Sounds like bisexual to me.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 11:00 am

Dillogic wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

Sounds like bisexual to me.

It is not bisexual. Because they have only a single attraction at one time.

To further complicate the question, it is straight men that like trans women for the penis, because they find the penis an exotic aspect.

So some straight males like being with a female partner that has a penis. This makes it complicated on what it means to be gay.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2015, 12:25 pm

All straight males? Or are they not as straight as they would want to believe ?

My ex-ish husband returned to his belief he's 'hermaphrodite' (having big breasts he would like And a penis)

Idealizing feminity as being occupied with being female, so he goes shopping new things every week!

I haven't bought anything in the last four years, luckily sometimes I get something, before that my mother mostly gave me clothes, or money which I mostly spend on giving the children some money for clothing or pocketmoney, which he didn't agree to give them (but I gave it anyway).
What beats me is all the support he gets from friends/acquaintances, as if I'm the untouchable.
Also the bank blocked my money and wanted a declaration of him that I lived at that place, Yes a man in a dress is still legaly man (and legally all is firstly his, even if it's mine)
Now with the political promotion of men in dresses I'm furious, how that!! ! woman are still not equal and already they want to take that part (again)
sneakin' in my rant here, :ninja:
Well I might not be considered very feminin, but partly it's selfdestruction.
Emotionally I'm female but with the male brain thinking and lacking the obvious female interests and behaviour.

Maybe it's because I'm not good enough a female and should be punished by one and condemned by all,
I donno those female ways to get the man do what I desire :mrgreen:

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 6:53 am

trollcatman wrote:
Don't you have to be completely nuts to choose a lifestyle opposite to your own sexuality? I'm straight, I can't see any reason to have a relationship with men. I assume it's the same for gay people.

One would think, but physical pleasure is physical pleasure, and "straight" guys do a lot of "gay" things and think nothing of it because it's done in fun and they don't overtly sexualize the event.

If a straight guy realized he got better quality "action" from gay men, there's nothing keeping him from choosing to pursue that unless he really didn't want to do it.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 8:48 am

^^^

Yup, happens in prison, LOTS OF TIMES.

And other male only institutions, like the military and boys schools.

FREE ACCESS TO consensually willing and socially legal WOMEN FOLKS from puberty, seems to help AVOID THE 'DREADED H WORD', for at least some folks.

Reference back to the primitive tribe study, I provided earlier in the thread, if necessary, please. ;)

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2012/12/where-masturbation-and-homosexuality-do-not-exist/265849/

I personally have a thing for dark haired girls but that likely has a great deal to do with the FACT THAT MY first love was A dark haired GIRL.

PEOPLE tend to love what they LEARN TO LOVE.

AND yeah that explains MOST fetishes too, homosexual or NOT.

PERHAPS THE greatest ASSet about 'us' Autistic folks of the traditional Hans Asperger, case study, 'STYLE' of Asperger'S IS, WE ARE NOT AFRAID OF POLITICALLY INCORRECT.

I call It the TURING EFFECT.

IT CAN EVEN SAVE 14 MILLION LIVES.

Great movie, by the way.

Per the
IMITATOR.

SURPRISED, NO ONE has started up a THREAD ON THAT ONE.

NOW that could be fascinating. ;)

But I'm considered too POLITICALLY INCORRECT AROUND HERE, TO GET RESPONSES. ;)

IT'S THE ASPERGER'S THINGY, WHAT CAN I SAY. ;)

I FOR ONE, AIN'T CHANGING, TO SUIT ANYONE ELSE.

AND NEITHER DID, Alan Turing, TG.

But here's my shot at it, per folks WHO DON'T MIND DIFFERENT and truly have different minds. ;)

http://katiemiafrederick.com/2015/01/18/the-turing-effect/

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2015, 9:15 am

By the way to clarify.

The movie I noted above is the
IMITATION GAME

ABOUT ALAN TURING.

EDIT TIME RAN OUT. ;)

AspiePrincess611
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2020, 11:43 am

ArrantPariah wrote:
The question was whether people can people choose between being gay or straight: not whether most people actually do choose.

Who knows? Some day, you might wake up and say "You know what? I really feel like buggering a man today. I think I'll go do it."

LOL :lol:

Cooter, The Dukes of Hazzard

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 11:57 am

I've heard this question only about a million times on WP, and the question will always be the same: NO. You cannot choose your sexuality any more than you can choose ice cream flavors.

I can just see it now, DQ becoming LGBTQ, and you go there and they have flavors of sexuality. Do you want hetero, gay, bi or ace? Or maybe ace with with bi sprinkles! Hahaha :lol: I'm going crazy!!

madbutnotmad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 12:01 pm

Jitro wrote:
Can people choose between being gay or straight like they can choose between buying vanilla or chocolate ice cream?

Only if you eat "make me gay" magic ben and jerry's ice cream (with secret ingredient)... (and you thought it was cream)...

Always wondered about those Ben and Jerry....
Perhaps the only way they can make such awesome ice cream is by being at least a little gay...

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2020, 12:09 pm

This thread's from the bronze age,I'd respond but don't speak Latin :D