An aspie in need of advice and support :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

simmerskan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Aug 2016, 1:44 pm

Hey everybody, I think that I need some advice and support. I have had some thoughts about my sexuality for a couple of years. It all started in upper secondary school ("gymnasiet" as they call it in Sweden) when I dated a bisexual male. I didn´t really care about his sexuality, and that gave me a thought of that "normal" people might find it weird that I didn´t worry about that he might find a guy that he liked. At the time, that was all.

But a few years later, I held a party and got really drunk. I don´t remember it, but apparently I tried to kiss a girl I barely knew. When I heard about it the morning after I got really remorseful and apologized several times. I was so ashamed of what happened that I couldn´t socialize with her. But that really got me start to think about it again.
I have had a couple of boyfriends after that, but I have told them at the very beginning of the relationship that I might be bisexual. Thankfully they have been more than understanding.
But now I´m quite tired of having these thoguhts and to never really have an answer or being uncertain, at least to my self. And I know it sound obvious what I should do, but I´m quite lost.
So now I wonder, what do you think I should do?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2016, 6:11 pm

Do you feel like you want to explore women further than kissing?

The good thing his: the atmosphere is much better for this sort of exploration than previously.

simmerskan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Aug 2016, 5:07 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Do you feel like you want to explore women further than kissing?

The good thing his: the atmosphere is much better for this sort of exploration than previously.

Yes, I can see myself with a woman beyond kissing. But it´s like being a teenager again, you´re nervous, it feels like walking in an unknown territory and you don´t know what to do. But at the same time, only thinking about it feels like you having butterflies in your stomage. But I have these tendency to overthink and worry sometimes, and in this case I worry about that it will show that it just only a special interest. On the other hand, I don´t really have interests in that way that is described in the diagnostic manual...

It might sound pathetic, but this is how I go back and forth, twist and turn my thoughts and not getting anywhere.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2016, 6:58 am

If you feel a tingling "down there" when you think about a woman kissing and fondling you, then it's a true feeling, and not merely a special academic nterest.

C2V
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2016, 8:32 am

Well, if you're the experimental type and want to confront this vague "maybe" and get some real data on whether or not it might be so, there's nothing wrong with that.
Just make sure you have a safe and respectful way to do so. My advice if you do want to try with a woman to sort out your feelings, be upfront with her. Many queers don't like bi-curious women trying them out just as a test subject, without being clear that they're not really sure of their orientation and this may not work for them.
Others are happy to go for it anyway, but it's best to be upfront to avoid unpleasantness for all parties.
Fortunately the female gay scene is usually much less dodgy than the male side. Even something as low-key as a gay bar or club, or a pride event, might be a place to meet a woman who could help enlighten you. :wink:

simmerskan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Aug 2016, 10:21 am

C2V wrote:
Well, if you're the experimental type and want to confront this vague "maybe" and get some real data on whether or not it might be so, there's nothing wrong with that.
Just make sure you have a safe and respectful way to do so. My advice if you do want to try with a woman to sort out your feelings, be upfront with her. Many queers don't like bi-curious women trying them out just as a test subject, without being clear that they're not really sure of their orientation and this may not work for them.
Others are happy to go for it anyway, but it's best to be upfront to avoid unpleasantness for all parties.
Fortunately the female gay scene is usually much less dodgy than the male side. Even something as low-key as a gay bar or club, or a pride event, might be a place to meet a woman who could help enlighten you. :wink:

After a few years of just thinking about it, I realise that I must do something. It´s a bit scary, but some day I must face it. So, I must come up with a plan. When things slowing down as it approaches the autumn and winter, it might be time to take baby steps and join a swedish dating site for lgbt, maybe? I am a quite open person, so I think that if I do this it is crucial - just as you say - to be honest and lay all the cards on the table. It would just feel so wrong to start with hurting someone.

simmerskan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Aug 2016, 10:29 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
If you feel a tingling "down there" when you think about a woman kissing and fondling you, then it's a true feeling, and not merely a special academic nterest.

My gut has told me that too, but sometimes you question yourself...

simmerskan
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Aug 2016, 4:07 pm

I know I didn´t post it before, but thank you both. I´m more determined to figure out where this road leads. Even if it all goes to h***l, I will at least have a better answer than before.