Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

h00x
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Nov 2022, 12:42 am

I'm a proud fking bisexual right? right.
but like, firstly the biphobia in the gay scene is fking exhausting
second, anyone else feel like AS just makes it so much harder to read ppl?
like, is he into me, or is he gonna beat me up lol

everything is confusing :heart:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2022, 12:39 pm

I've read posts/comments etc about biphobia in the gay community - so I guess it's a thing everywhere. Like memes explain, people probably feel threatened that a bi person would leave them for some other person.. or twice as threatened assuming they may be attracted to twice as many people ?? etc.

As for determining whether someone is chill or an actual threat, that's where a huge part of the value of using chat/hookup apps like Grindr comes in. You can chat with like minded guys and then decide whether to meet in person or not vs. meet some random stranger in a coffee shop by chance and wonder whether or not there's any attraction.

usagibryan
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2022, 8:48 am

The "gay scene" has always been a bit too "extroverted" for me. Also gay people can be just as awful and closeminded as straight people, unfortunately. You'd figure having grown up different and struggling for acceptence/understanding would make you more empathetic, but it doesn't always work out that way.

Bisexuals face a unique challenge, we are effectively "invisible". I'm in an opposite gender relationship, from the outside I appear "straight" but I'm not. If I were to, for some reason, suddenly exit this relationship and enter one with a male I'd be seen as "coming out" and suddenly "gay" but really nothing about the status of my sexual orientation changed. I don't know what the solution is or if there even is a solution to that dilemma, I just wish labels would go away.

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age"