Anyone alarmed by the sudden increase in Homophobia?

Page 3 of 5 [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2023, 1:00 pm

Have been made aware of a certain group of people in the LGBTQ segment of society called TERFS, no clue what it stands for but it is my understanding from those i have associated with in the Past that these are some kinda Lesbo Hate group , inside the gay community . At the level of almost behaving as if they were terrorists in that community
Had first hand visual awareness of this when some cop Terf physically and mentally tortured another gay woman .
With assistance of a few support cops . It was apalling , thought the LGBTQ folks were somewhat united . Had read many complaints about these Terfs terrorizing online chats aswell . Think maybe if these folks would get themselves together and not behave as if internal dissention was the norm . Maybe they could come together , maybe even generate respect for themselves in the community . But this is not meant to be a critique of the greater gay et al. culture just offering thoughts on things that have been brought to my attention . :roll:

where ever you go ,there you are

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2023, 1:22 pm

Jakki wrote:
Have been made aware of a certain group of people in the LGBTQ segment of society called TERFS, no clue what it stands for but it is my understanding from those i have associated with in the Past that these are some kinda Lesbo Hate group , inside the gay community . At the level of almost behaving as if they were terrorists in that community
Had first hand visual awareness of this when some cop Terf physically and mentally tortured another gay woman .
With assistance of a few support cops . It was apalling , thought the LGBTQ folks were somewhat united . Had read many complaints about these Terfs terrorizing online chats aswell . Think maybe if these folks would get themselves together and not behave as if internal dissention was the norm . Maybe they could come together , maybe even generate respect for themselves in the community . But this is not meant to be a critique of the greater gay et al. culture just offering thoughts on things that have been brought to my attention . :roll:

Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist. it's pretty self explanatory I think but here's the wikipedia definition: TERF is an acronym for trans-exclusionary radical feminist. First recorded in 2008, the term was originally used to distinguish transgender-inclusive feminists from a group of radical feminists who reject the assertion that trans women are women, the inclusion of trans women in women's spaces, and transgender rights legislation. Trans-inclusive feminists assert that these ideas are transphobic. The use of the term TERF has since broadened to include reference to people with trans-exclusionary views who are not necessarily involved with radical feminism.

Though TERF was created to be a "deliberately technically neutral description", the term is now typically considered derogatory or disparaging. People labeled TERFs often reject the label, instead describing their beliefs as gender critical. In academic discourse, there is no clear consensus on whether TERF constitutes a slur. Critics of the label have pointed to its usage alongside insulting or abusive rhetoric, and described it as a "bullying tool", while other academics have argued that this alone does not make it a slur.

In essense, bad people who hate trans women

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2023, 1:35 pm

^^^^ this is just plain sad ^^^^ how is this going to help their entire cultural movement move forward . :roll:

where ever you go ,there you are

Foxinator
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Feb 2023, 9:18 pm

Yes. I believe people should be equally as accepting of Homosexuals as anybody else.

Nobody should have to feel inferior because of who they are.

Against Gay Marriages? You're not obligated to have one.

Afraid they won't reproduce? Not all straight people do either

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2023, 9:47 pm

The world is overpopulated. 8 billion people now, destroying the earth. And that's after a pandemic that killed 6.87M people. So gay couples aren't exactly going to destroy mankind. In fact I think that because of gay couples more children are going to be adopted (by the gay couples if they want a family). So it's good all round.

I wish society was more accepting of large age gap relationships though. In fact I wish there was a name for it like there is everything else, like age-sexual (people who prefer to date people much older than themselves). At the moment older men in relationships with younger women still get called pervs, but that is just not always true. My boyfriend is like 60 and I'm 32 but he is not a perv at all and is NOT with me to take advantage. We love each other for the right reasons.

Silence23
Toucan
Toucan

25 Feb 2023, 3:18 pm

Joe90 wrote:
I wish society was more accepting of large age gap relationships though. In fact I wish there was a name for it like there is everything else, like age-sexual (people who prefer to date people much older than themselves). At the moment older men in relationships with younger women still get called pervs, but that is just not always true. My boyfriend is like 60 and I'm 32 but he is not a perv at all and is NOT with me to take advantage. We love each other for the right reasons.

I doubt you will find many men who'd complain about you making a 60 year old man happy. They'd rather congratulate the man haha. I think it'll mostly be women who complain about the 60 year old man.

But men may assume you have financial motives.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Feb 2023, 5:40 pm

Silence23 wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

I doubt you will find many men who'd complain about you making a 60 year old man happy. They'd rather congratulate the man haha. I think it'll mostly be women who complain about the 60 year old man.

But men may assume you have financial motives.

Some people here have judged me for being with a man twice my age, believe it or not. Doesn't bother me that much. I love him.

I'm not with him for money (not saying you said that). He's rather poor and we're both just scraping by. But we're doing it as a partnership and supporting each other. We're happy.
I do wish we were rich. But I wouldn't give him up for a rich man. I love him that much. :heart:

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 12:24 pm

Joe90 wrote:

Unfortunately, I would advise against using age-sexual as a descriptor. For a short while, there were a group of paedophiles who were advocating to become a part of the LGBT community. They were on various social media spaces, where they created a flag and started using terms like agesexual or MAP (minor attracted person). It was greatly disturbing to say the least. 8O

(MAP can also stand for multiple animator project, depending on the context).

The vast majority of accounts have since been shut down or have moved underground. However, I would still advise using a different term due to the association it holds.

---

I think that if we were to create a label for what you're describing, it wouldn't fit into the LGBT community. It's too general of a term and can apply across the board.

You could still make a term for it though if you wanted, just something besides agesexual. I would say that it would fit into the preference category rather than an orientation. Nowt wrong with that of course.

Personally it wouldn't surprise me if such a label existed somewhere on the Internet.

Silence23
Toucan
Toucan

26 Feb 2023, 1:57 pm

Joe90 wrote:
Some people here have judged me for being with a man twice my age, believe it or not. Doesn't bother me that much. I love him.

I never really cared about what other people say, maybe because I'm schizoid (indifferent to praise and criticism). You shouldn't either, as long as you don't harm anyone.

They're basically saying "stop being happy and stop making that man happy". wtf.

Readydaer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 2:21 pm

reminds me of the 'QUIT HAVING FUN!' comic. many hateful people are only hateful not for any particular or valid reason, but because the ones they hate are Different, and thus less. It unfortunately seems to be human nature. This is why I wish I was a machine...I already fit the bill in terms of habits, motor skills, speech, thought, etc.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 3:17 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
Joe90 wrote:

Unfortunately, I would advise against using age-sexual as a descriptor. For a short while, there were a group of paedophiles who were advocating to become a part of the LGBT community. They were on various social media spaces, where they created a flag and started using terms like agesexual or MAP (minor attracted person). It was greatly disturbing to say the least. 8O

(MAP can also stand for multiple animator project, depending on the context).

The vast majority of accounts have since been shut down or have moved underground. However, I would still advise using a different term due to the association it holds.

---

I think that if we were to create a label for what you're describing, it wouldn't fit into the LGBT community. It's too general of a term and can apply across the board.

You could still make a term for it though if you wanted, just something besides agesexual. I would say that it would fit into the preference category rather than an orientation. Nowt wrong with that of course.

Personally it wouldn't surprise me if such a label existed somewhere on the Internet.

I wasn't insisting on using agesexual as a term for people like me, I was just trying to think of a better term by using that as an example.
I've always liked men twice my age. When I was 14 I really fancied a 36-year-old (which would be too young for me now).
Now that I'm 32, twice my age is 60s. Hmm, perhaps it could be called "twicesexual" or duplisexual or something (without a rule of having to be precisely the double of the younger one's age of course). This term would probably be best to describe people who prefer people twice their age rather than half their age, as half their age could be mistaken for them being a paedophile especially if they're like 30. I think liking (adults) half your age is a preference, but I'm wondering about liking people twice your age, especially if it starts off in childhood.

Actually...ahem...I did have a bit of a crush on a 65-year-old male teacher when I was 13. I didn't want to tell anyone though because I knew they'd laugh at me. He was a nice teacher and wouldn't have taken any sexual notice of me of course. He was cute and quite young-looking for his age.

Last edited by Joe90 on 26 Feb 2023, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 3:28 pm

foxyfluff wrote:
Because, like i noticed on some sites, someone will say something homophobic and others will agree with the person.

Whereas in the past, people would know to keep bigoted comments to themselves.

I also noticed it too in public, like some days back, i heard a guy saying about me being bisexual "what is with wrong me?"

I don't know about homophobia as such but there certainly does seem to be a trend in people wanting to be anti this and anti that.

A lot of people just want to follow what they think is edgy or cool. I dunno.

I promote love and peace man

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 3:35 pm

I've nothing against gay people. My cousin is gay and is getting married to her girlfriend this summer. I'm so happy for them. :heart:

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 3:51 pm

Did you get an invite

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2023, 4:20 pm

babybird wrote:
Did you get an invite

Yes.