Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 May 2021, 8:36 am

Hey any writers here I can chat with?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2021, 1:06 am

Me, Kraichgauer. I've got three books published on Amazon, as well as short stories appearing in anthologies. Most of what I write is horror taking place in a modern setting. You?

kitesandtrainsandcats
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2021, 1:31 am

Writing is a thing, and, yeah, I'll chat a bit, though my availability will be at random unannounced intervals.

Belushi87
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 May 2021, 5:58 pm

i'm a writer. i have a blog called Anything, but Ordinary

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2021, 12:15 am

Me, AnonymousAnonymous.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2021, 6:13 am

I'm a writer. I've written quite a few short stories and a novel which I'm trying to rewrite into something that makes sense. I write for my job too, but that's copywriting mainly, not creative.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2021, 2:23 pm

Belushi87 wrote:
i'm a writer. i have a blog called Anything, but Ordinary

I always suspected the hostility to comic sans type fonts was unfair. It looks fine on your blog.

I’m a commenter who wants to be a writer, and may give it another crack soon.

But I suspect I have more of a knack for vids than writing

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2021, 3:48 pm

Pieces of Truth

Genre: Psychological Thriller

Synopsis: Alice and her childhood crush Brian drift apart after witnessing the brutal murders of two friends. Twenty years later, they unexpectedly reunite in college only to have their new romance interrupted when they begin bizarre messages from two people claiming to be their murdered friends from grade school.

Are their friends still alive and out for revenge?

Is someone playing a cruel joke on them?

Or is it something else entirely?

Convulsions

Genre: Science Fiction

Synopsis: Set in the near-future, medical technology has made great strides to points where many physical and health conditions have been kept at the most minimum levels possible. Centered on a young epileptic woman who is chosen to undergo an experimental treatment in which an implant is placed in her skull, she receives an unexpected benefit.

The benefit is she becomes one of the most gifted women in the entire world ranging from painting fine works of art, to fluency in many languages, to solving complex mathematical concepts.

However, the implant causes the young woman to experience bizarre visions of a young girl being emotionally violated by a mysterious middle-aged man. The girl keeps calling out the young woman by name during every single hallucination.

The young woman does not know who this girl may be.

Where is this girl from and how does she know this young woman's name?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2021, 5:00 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
Pieces of Truth

Genre: Psychological Thriller

Synopsis: Alice and her childhood crush Brian drift apart after witnessing the brutal murders of two friends. Twenty years later, they unexpectedly reunite in college only to have their new romance interrupted when they begin bizarre messages from two people claiming to be their murdered friends from grade school.

Are their friends still alive and out for revenge?

Is someone playing a cruel joke on them?

Or is it something else entirely?

Convulsions

Genre: Science Fiction

Synopsis: Set in the near-future, medical technology has made great strides to points where many physical and health conditions have been kept at the most minimum levels possible. Centered on a young epileptic woman who is chosen to undergo an experimental treatment in which an implant is placed in her skull, she receives an unexpected benefit.

The benefit is she becomes one of the most gifted women in the entire world ranging from painting fine works of art, to fluency in many languages, to solving complex mathematical concepts.

However, the implant causes the young woman to experience bizarre visions of a young girl being emotionally violated by a mysterious middle-aged man. The girl keeps calling out the young woman by name during every single hallucination.

The young woman does not know who this girl may be.

Where is this girl from and how does she know this young woman's name?

8) 8) 8)

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2021, 5:31 am

I don’t know if I qualify as a writer. I did have a book and some magazine articles published quite some time ago, but put all my creative energy now into justifications for services for people with developmental disabilities. I wonder if I will like writing better after I am retired.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2021, 1:44 pm

blazingstar wrote:
I don’t know if I qualify as a writer. I did have a book and some magazine articles published quite some time ago, but put all my creative energy now into justifications for services for people with developmental disabilities. I wonder if I will like writing better after I am retired.

You've written, therefore you're a writer.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2021, 2:16 pm

It just doesn't feel like I am a writer in present tense. It was so long ago. And now, I don't like writing. It is exhausting. That's why I was wondering if when I retire, I will turn to it again.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2021, 9:39 pm

@OP: Would you like to use these prompts for potential sci-fi stories?

In the near-future the President of the United States creates a set of weapons that makes foreign enemies disappear. He accidentally uses on himself one day and the UN investigates. The UN covers it up by using old video clips and using CG.

A young man named Charlie receives messages from a group of scientists looking for people to conduct experiments on. Charlie dismisses the messages as fake because he believes his path of self-destruction will continue. Charlie agrees one day to undergo an experiment in which he is bitten by a radioactive mouse. Charlie develops the ability to bite through metal.

Acknowledging the fact that humanity will end, thousands of humans travel into Earth’s distant future to avoid the destruction of Earth. They arrive in a time where to their surprise; a new version of Earth awaits their arrival. New forms of humanity have been created and many animal species have evolved being recognition. In this new Earth, the newcomers attempt to build a home. As more people become desperate to go to the new Earth and literally fight for the limited number of places available. As more people go to the new Earth, they experience different versions of history along the way with increasingly interesting results. When the population gets to well above capacity levels allowed, it becomes an indication that the future colony will reach a point where the population will suffer.

The crew of a spaceship named The Aquarius are forced to take weapons that can save cities in need. The crew refuse to be given the weapons citing morals and against breaking the laws of the force that they are members of. The crew soon discover that the weapons have good usage after all; the ability to plant food on the entire planet. The crew is soon forced to consider what to do after; get rid of the weapons or be paid even more to continue their valiant works of feeding every single citizen of Earth.

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2021, 11:06 pm

I can't write.

These words are arbitrarily formed by me headbutting the keyboard.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 2:57 pm

If anybody is out there reading this, here is a link to a website of prompts for potential sci-fi stories.

https://www.servicescape.com/blog/660-science-fiction-writing-prompts-that-will-get-you-writing-at-warp-speed

EclipticNonsense
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Aug 2021, 9:27 pm

I'm creating a comic book (a space opera) and writing a mythology. Right now I'm editing a short fantasy piece.