Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2021, 8:01 pm

The genre of 'Experimental Minimalism' in art is my forte. The Google image links offers examples similar to my artwork:

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22expe ... US908US908

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22expe ... US908US908

Any other examples of 'Experimental Minimalism?'

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 2:46 am

As a writer, I know of authors whose work can be described as minimalist. This includes the writings of Charles Bukowski and James Ellroy.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2021, 4:01 pm

My WP image can be one example of 'Experimental Minimalism.'

The image appears like an imaginary road-sign. I titled this image as 'Sign-Road.'

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2021, 5:45 pm

Does anybody feel that the art genres of 'Experimental Minimalism' and 'Abstract Art' are of interest regarding the Autism Spectrum?

These genres of art can be characterized with patterns, and novel ways of viewing/expressing -- which show in the finished art works.

ronglxy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Dec 2021, 8:09 am

I have 79 years of being me & 79 days of sorta Aspie being. The two are maybe the same, but maybe not. They now flicker back and forth, and shimmer in and out of focus.

Whatever, they both seem to be forcing things to be absolutely clear and correct, and too very compactly so. The force is a compulsion to the "special interests" I do, know and show.

If & when it's art, it feels very minimalist and exploratory, so "Exploratory Minimalist Art" it is that I do and don't want to ever "not do!"

And if it's not art, I dont want to do it at all ! !

Thanks for the topic, without it, I would not know what this, my post, "tells it so, I" just this tight compact way.

ronglxy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Dec 2021, 9:47 am

It strkes me that my "specisl interests," be they Autistic or not, may be a directed form of very minimslist "being thinkiing." They are very intense, focused and seem quite deep. Their compaction simplification "results" feel like a minimalization formation of "the facts" of the interest, to me.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2021, 1:25 pm

Again, in the literary arts, you have James Ellroy, who I believe is an undiagnosed Aspie. He only took on a minimalist style of writing later in his career with his book, L.A. Confidential. On the other hand, Aspie that I am, my writing tends to be filled with detail, or so I am assured.