Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 1:25 pm

The ship gets space ticks and fleas and needs a good worming.Don’t forget space mange.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 2:34 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Have wondered if flying saucers are really living organisms. And that they live in space feeding off of solar rays, and cosmic rays.

That's kind of my idea too :star:

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 2:35 pm

Misslizard wrote:
The ship gets space ticks and fleas and needs a good worming.Don’t forget space mange.

She is more of a hybrid biomechanical creature. :P

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 2:48 pm

Space ticks feed off electric current.
Once they attach the lights start flickering and go dim.They attach to the outer hull.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2022, 2:52 pm

Interesting, Miss Lizard! Definitely an idea.

jalila
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Dec 2022, 3:25 pm

The jobs and responsibilities of the crew on a living, organic ship, such as the Vorlon ships from Babylon 5, would likely be very different from those on a traditional, machine-based ship. Because the ship is alive, the crew would need to focus on caring for and maintaining the ship's health and well-being, rather than performing tasks like computer and engine maintenance.

Some possible job duties for the crew of a living, organic ship might include:

Monitoring the ship's health and vital signs, such as its heart rate, breathing, and temperature.
Providing the ship with regular feedings and hydration.
Cleaning and maintaining the ship's living quarters, such as its skin, feathers, fur, or scales.
Administering medications or treatments for any illnesses or injuries the ship may experience.
Providing the ship with regular exercise and physical therapy to maintain its mobility and flexibility.
Communicating with the ship using telepathy or other forms of mental communication.
Training the ship to respond to commands and perform certain tasks.
Monitoring the ship's mental and emotional state, and providing support and counseling as needed.
Overall, the crew of a living, organic ship would need to be skilled in animal care and behavior, as well as having a deep understanding of the ship's unique biology and psychology. They would need to work closely with the ship to ensure its health and well-being, and to facilitate its ability to perform its functions as a spacecraft

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2022, 3:56 am

jalila wrote:
The jobs and responsibilities of the crew on a living, organic ship, such as the Vorlon ships from Babylon 5, would likely be very different from those on a traditional, machine-based ship. Because the ship is alive, the crew would need to focus on caring for and maintaining the ship's health and well-being, rather than performing tasks like computer and engine maintenance.

Some possible job duties for the crew of a living, organic ship might include:

Monitoring the ship's health and vital signs, such as its heart rate, breathing, and temperature.
Providing the ship with regular feedings and hydration.
Cleaning and maintaining the ship's living quarters, such as its skin, feathers, fur, or scales.
Administering medications or treatments for any illnesses or injuries the ship may experience.
Providing the ship with regular exercise and physical therapy to maintain its mobility and flexibility.
Communicating with the ship using telepathy or other forms of mental communication.
Training the ship to respond to commands and perform certain tasks.
Monitoring the ship's mental and emotional state, and providing support and counseling as needed.
Overall, the crew of a living, organic ship would need to be skilled in animal care and behavior, as well as having a deep understanding of the ship's unique biology and psychology. They would need to work closely with the ship to ensure its health and well-being, and to facilitate its ability to perform its functions as a spacecraft

That is FANTASTIC Jalila. Exactly what I hoped for. I was struggling to think what the crew would be doing in an organic ship.

I loved those Vorlon ships, that was a storyline way before its time wasn't it. Living ships only became commonplace after Babylon 5 didn't they.

And weren't the Vorlon ships somehow bonded with the actual Vorlons? A kind of symbiosis. Because when
Kosh was killed, his ship flew itself into the sun, didn't it? Committing suicide.

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 3:36 pm

In some seasons of Doctor Who the TARDIS is sort of intelligent and a bit temperamental.

Do you like Doctor Who?

Fenn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2022, 6:09 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Doctor%27s_Wife

https://www.planetclaire.tv/quotes/doct ... tors-wife/

[ The TARDIS “matrix” has been placed in the body of a woman named Idris: ]

The Doctor: You know, since we’re talking with mouths—not really an opportunity that comes along very often—I just want to say, you know you have never been very reliable.
Idris: And you have?
The Doctor: You didn’t always take me where I wanted to go.
Idris: No, but I always took you where you needed to go.
The Doctor: You did.

Idris: Do you ever wonder why I chose you all those years ago?
The Doctor: I chose you. You were unlocked.
Idris: Of course I was. I wanted to see the Universe so I stole a Time Lord and I ran away. And you were the only one mad enough.

KitLily
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2022, 8:30 am

Fenn wrote:
In some seasons of Doctor Who the TARDIS is sort of intelligent and a bit temperamental.

Do you like Doctor Who?

I kind of do, but the Whoniverse is so complicated with all different tangents that I was never able to keep up with it.