Page 7 of 10 [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2022, 12:50 am

blitzkrieg wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
anything by madoona.

Oi! This thread has people disliking all of the songs or artists that I like. :P

well man, join the club, nobody likes my music, it seems, or very few. nobody likes pipe organ music for some reason. :scratch:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2022, 12:06 am

@Joe90

Yeah. Sia does kinda have that ...chalk-on-the-chalkboard kinda quality. Or maybe the mix they use on her causes that effect.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2022, 12:37 am

Any version of Jingle Bell Rock. If it's rock, then it's the softest rock I've ever heard.

All I want for Christmas is You - Mariah Carey. I've heard it less than ten times yet it already infuriates me.

Werewolf1061C
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jan 2023, 6:20 pm

Your Body is a Wonderland by John Mayer. I don't know why but it sets my teeth on edge.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

20 Jan 2023, 2:37 am

I was playing GTA V a while back & my girlfriend was near me doing something else & one of the songs that came on was D-I-V-O-R-C-E by Tammy Wynette & I made a comment something like~ "I like depressing music but this is too depressing even for me. Plus it's too old". Cass agreed with me. If I ever wanted a song to hang myself to, this would be it :wall:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2023, 1:45 pm

This pile of crap:

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2023, 11:01 pm

I like Harry Styles's Late Night Talking song but I don't like the chorus because it sounds a bit like the f*****g I Peed In The Pool song and I HATE that song with a vengeance so severely that I could punch whichever f**ktard sung it. Oh God I hate that song, I hate it!! !! !!

Aspinator
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2023, 11:48 pm

The song Jesse's Girl by Rick Springfield. I feel he has broken the "bro" code. You don't covet a friend's girlfriend. In the song RS says "Jesse is a friend; is a good friend of mine" He is in essence saying I want to screw over my friend and I don't have any respect for his happiness

mharrington85
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jan 2023, 1:16 am

There are many songs that I can't stand, but one of them is "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" from "Mary Poppins". I don't know why.

DuckHairback
Veteran
Veteran

01 Feb 2023, 5:39 am

mharrington85 wrote:
There are many songs that I can't stand, but one of them is "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" from "Mary Poppins". I don't know why.

Is it because the sound of it is something quite atrocious?

uncommondenominator
Veteran
Veteran

05 Feb 2023, 10:28 pm

DuckHairback wrote:
mharrington85 wrote:

Nah, it's cos if you say it loud enough you'll always sound precocious.

@Joe90

I was pleased to see Coldplay on your initial post. Can't stand a single song of theirs.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 9:52 am

uncommondenominator wrote:
DuckHairback wrote:
mharrington85 wrote:

Nah, it's cos if you say it loud enough you'll always sound precocious.

@Joe90

I was pleased to see Coldplay on your initial post. Can't stand a single song of theirs.

I like Hymn For The Weekend (I think that's what it's called). But most other songs by Coldplay seem hauntingly depressing. My mum was going to choose that Viva song (can't remember what it's called) to play at her funeral but I'm glad she'd changed her mind and chose a different song, because hearing that at my own mother's funeral would probably double my grieving depression and make me freak out emotionally, maybe even haunt me forever.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 10:02 am

Funny you say that.

I don't mind them but it's because my kids played the album X&Y a lot when my dad died. Now it reminds me of driving to work contemplating life and death in the dead of winter, but in a good way. It fit the mood and reminds me of him now, even though he never knew the band.

Also a friend committed suicide and they played Fly On at her funeral. It was fitting bc she died at Machu Picchu.

I don't find the music depressing but it does suit the vibe for a lot of introspective stuff. I don't sit around listening to it on purpose but if I chance upon it, it brings back those comforting memories.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 10:03 am

I don't tend to like Christmas music when I'm feeling down during the Christmas season.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2023, 12:39 pm

Any song by Nickelback. The lead singer’s voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

06 Feb 2023, 4:58 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don't tend to like Christmas music when I'm feeling down during the Christmas season.
I dislike traditional Christmas music. It feels like 500 artists are covering the same 20 songs. I'm a big fan of comedy music & I like the funny novelty Christmas songs & I also like original Christmas songs that are only done by one artist but it gets tiring hearing the same few songs every time I go somewhere all season long ad-nauseam :tired:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition