Page 2 of 7 [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

25 Jun 2009, 10:51 pm

R.I.P Michael Jackson. Thank you for the music.

lostinparadise
Raven
Raven

26 Jun 2009, 12:00 am

i was not a big fan of michael when i was young but i was really inspired by the fact that people from differnet cultural backgrounds are not left behind.even though the odds he and many people face, they have come to contribute to different field in different ways.i was not facinated by his music but his popularity among all walks of life.
he may have a some charges against him which i am not much sure of its credibility because they were not proved and a man of such eccentricity do raise suspicion among people.
so its no wonder he is accused of things like that.dont know if true or not.
but hey, people in here are eccentric too.so,i think it's not fair to accuse him for his eccentricity.
and lastly i deeply condemn his death,i consider it a great loss in musical field and to his fans.
his long life could have given many more incredible songs.

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 12:33 am

subliculous wrote:
GOOD RIDDANCE.

THIS.

I was waiting for someone to bump off this nut job for a few years now. Glad he's gone.

darkfire627
Raven
Raven

26 Jun 2009, 1:47 am

I have to say that I'm already tired of the media attention. Granted I have a low tolerance for this sort of thing because it's always just rerun information for hours on end. I'm also not sure I really get what people mean when they say that his career was cut short or that he could have had much more to give to music. He was about to officially end his career with a farewell performance, and I honestly don't remember when he last put out any music, much less really good music. I'm in no way happy that a man has died, but I can't feel like it's this great tragedy. My mother said that this could well be bigger than John Lennon's death which I can't see at all. To me this was a man who, years ago, became immensely rich and famous, and then cracked from the pressure. He had some good music, but I can't really see how he would be as important to the music world as people make him out to be. I didn't really like him much but I'm not trying to tear him down. You can feel free to correct me on anything or explain his importance if you wish.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 1:51 am

I don't know about all the legal stuff other than that "not guilty" is a "legal fact".

However, now that he's dead he's fair game for questions about what the hell he did to himself all these years to cause his appearance to change in such unnatural ways, and whether this might have contributed to his death. I'm awaiting the autopsy report.

Do you suppose he might have been autistic?

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

JML101582
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 3:05 am

Yeah, I heard he has Asperger's Syndrome, but it may not be true.

Maybe he was just an eccentric person that let fame kicked him in the ass ever since the first child molestation alligation charge in 1993. He wasn't the same mentally after that.

I remembered that I was fan of his from the age five (Bad album) to the age ten (the beginning of the end for MJ).

It's sad that he died, but it wasn't suprising.

GoatOnFire
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 3:35 am

I felt kind of sorry for him. He was one of the most maligned people on the planet. I know how that feels. Hopefully he's finally at peace.

Eternal_Saber
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

26 Jun 2009, 4:34 am

Michael Jackson died in his home on June 25th 2009 of a heart attack caused by abuse of medications.

I will always love his music. His memory will live on in the hearts of the people who love him.

Less we forget. T.T

1958 - 2009

Goodbye Michael. We shall miss you.

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 5:53 am

I'd much rather hear about Farrah Fawcett.

He changed music forever, though, so R.I.P.

Redrocket
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jun 2009, 11:11 am

I'm still shocked over the death of Michael Jackson. I overheard someone saying at work that Michael Jackson was death and I couldn't believe it! I was a big fan of Michael Jackson back in the 1980's. I liked his music and thought he was one of the best performers out there. I still have a large poster of him hanging on a closet door in my bedroom.

R.I.P. Michael Jackson.

Manders
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 1:42 pm

Wow, what a legend. He was my first obsession. :(

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 5:47 pm

roadracer wrote:
well just because he was found not guilty does NOT mean he didnt do it, it only means he was found not guilty, and that the case was not strong enough against him to find him guilty. Does not mean he didnt do it...

well, that's true, but that goes with every case, the issue is that the assumption of innocence is made after being found not guilty regardless, and also, we get to the issue of the burden of proof, and that is on the one making a claim, so if one can't provide solid evidence for such claim, then there lies a problem and it can never be regarded as factual.

Quote:
So you are willing to diss the verdict of a jury and yet believe the words of two greedy families?

Yeah, that's something I see that could probably be common, dismissing a verdict made by qualified people, and giving more trust to one's own biased position and intuition, and that's very problematic.

Prosser
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 6:16 pm

He used to be bad :(
R.I.P. MJ

ghfreak13579
Raven
Raven

26 Jun 2009, 8:24 pm

R.I.P. Michael Jackson. We all miss you and you were a great musical talent.

Owendust
Raven
Raven

26 Jun 2009, 8:55 pm

Italianwolf77 wrote:
MJ was found not guilty in both cases brought against him. And the cases brought charges of sexual abuse and molestation, not rape. He wasn't found guilty of sexual abuse or molestation. Get your facts right before posting, not to mention that's pretty disrespectful to say about him when he just died today.

Did you seriously just try to make the point that he was accused of sexual abuse and molestation, but not rape? Yeah... because everyone knows that alleged sexual abuse is waaay better than alleged rape. :roll:

Oh, and before you tell people to get their facts right before posting, you should probably check yours. Jackson was only actually acquitted in the second court case. In the first molestation case, in '93, Jackson ended up paying $22 million to the family to settle the case out of court.

Sorry, but personally, if I knew that I was innocent, I sure as hell wouldn't pay $22 million to the family that accused me of molestation. Sure, he didn't have to deal with a trial, but he also gave up the chance prove his innocence before the world.

CloudWalker wrote:
So you are willing to diss the verdict of a jury and yet believe the words of two greedy families?

Yes, I am willing to "diss the verdict" of a group of people who were apparently not even bright enough to get out of jury duty. Sorry to have to break it to you, but juries aren't always made up of the best and brightest among us.

Did either of you ever see the Martin Bashir documentary about Michael Jackson. I remember watching it when it first came out years ago. At least in my mind, it shed a lot of doubt on his innocence.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2009, 10:44 pm

I too would rather hear more about Farrah Fawcett and Ed McMahon.

Michael Jackson changed music forever
and he was an extraordinary musical talent.
Yes, his eccentric behavior overshadowed
his music, but his talents were geniune.

Michael, thank you for the music.