Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 12:51 am

Billie Jean is not my lover...

But MJ is! :D

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 10:32 am

Personally I find this sort of thing fascinating. Namely, why do people feel compelled to grieve in public for someone they really don't care about?
Because the cameras are there?
I remember the day Elvis died and all the hoopla ...
Just like Elvis, sales of Michael Jackson's songs have shot way up. Why?
The man was not a great artist. His greatest contribution to music was spending millions of US dollars to make music videos. ?????
I saw one of these videos and it was totally un-impressing. It was his "Scream" video which was supposed to emulate the look of Kubrick's '2001'. But I couldn't make out the lyrics at all. It was boring to watch....
Why all the fus .....

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 1:30 pm

I'm not grieving as such, but I do feel like we've lost a great musician. I do think those random strangers diving onto his hollywood star and stuff are weirdos though!

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 5:00 pm

I don't understand why people talk as if they knew what really happened. How can someone believe that anything that reaches us is the truth? Everything we know could be lies, or everything true, or anything in between. We know about the real MJ as much as we know about Martians - nothing.

The big question mark is why entertainment stars need to take so many drugs, whether they're victims of hijacking. The only thing that is for sure is that he didn't want to die of an overdose at age 50.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 5:20 pm

It's a cage with golden bars.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2009, 10:45 pm

To put it another way, when is too much of everything not enough?

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 11:35 am

Now I'm watching the coverage of the memorial in Los Angeles USA.

And I'm shaking my head because of the mass hysteria ! !!

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

07 Jul 2009, 2:21 pm

It's so sad that people will believe anything the media tells you if they pound it into their heads long enough. The same media that tried to destroy him for so long are the same ones that are memorializing him now. There is no such thing as journalistic integrity, it's all about what sells.

Most people my age only know Michael for his eccentricities and the false accusations sadly but maybe while in death they will stop and see what a talented man we've lost. He really was the greatest entertainer of all time as well as a great humanitarian. Whatever you think he may of or may not of done in life, that's between him and god. The world is a better place for having him in it.

I would hope you guys out of anybody could sympathize with how misunderstood Michael was. Just because he was different did not make him strange or less than.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 12:00 am

You simply just don't pay someone 20 million USD in a lawsuit if they'll drop the charges and never speak of the incident for the rest of their life. Even for a fabulously wealthy Ynk entertainer that is insanity.
When Rick Wright died earlier this year, where was the media ????
The man was a great musician who played on some of the most famous albums ever made ! !!
But he wasn't eccentric enough, wasn't a tabloid subject so scant notice was given his passing.

Michael Jackson, BAH ! !! !! !

normally_impaired
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 Jul 2009, 4:11 pm

strangeworld15 wrote:
normally_impaired wrote:
All the kids he raped probably aren't that sad to see him go.

Dude, do you have any respect for the dead?

When I have no respect for someone when they're alive, I don't see why I should suddenly have respect for them when they die. I never understood this concept, it's like I'm supposed to believe he wasn't a pedophile now that he's dead. How many people have respect for Hitler or Stalin now that they're dead? Do you have respect for the 9/11 suicide hijackers?

Michael Jackson was a child molesting pedophile, and the only thing that changed is that now no more kids will have to be emotionally scarred for life as a result of him trying to get a boner.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2009, 12:06 am

Michael Jackson was a child molesting pedophile, and the only thing that changed is that now no more kids will have to be emotionally scarred for life as a result of him trying to get a boner.[/quote]

He simply paid off the families of those little boys...

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2009, 12:11 pm

Quote:

Um... This topic is clearly about Michael Jackson... so why are you coming on it just to badmouth him? If you are that much hating him, why not start your own thread about how much you hate him and let his REAL fans remember him in peace. I think you are all being very rude.

normally_impaired
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jul 2009, 9:47 pm

Jellybean wrote:
Quote:

Um... This topic is clearly about Michael Jackson... so why are you coming on it just to badmouth him? If you are that much hating him, why not start your own thread about how much you hate him and let his REAL fans remember him in peace. I think you are all being very rude.

I think having sex with little kids is very rude, and who ever said this was a thread for fans to remember him? This is a thread about him being dead, which I see as a good thing.

Remember Farrah Fawcett? She was a lot more talented than Michael Jackson, she died a few days before he did, yet she was only barely mentioned in the news once or twice. Farrah was a Christian, when she died she went to heaven and God said "Since you were such a good Christian, I'm going to grant you one wish" she said "I want all the little kids of the world to be safe" and God said "then let it be done" and he killed Michael Jackson.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2009, 11:26 pm

Owww ! !! !! !!

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2009, 11:05 am

Just read a breaking news flash that MJ was addicted to Xanax, and popped 10 or more a day. Seems everyone around him knew this but no one could stop him, or get through to him that he was dangerously close to an OD.

He had lousy taste in friends, and his family was not what I would call loving....