Electronic Musicians: would you ever?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2009, 2:40 pm

What's the question? - Would you ever make an album based on an old videogame? The idea sounds cheesy beyond belief but I can think of a few where I could draw some good inspiration. Particularly with some of the newer genres like dubstep, I think one good example would be Shadowgate for the original NES - I was just reminded of that a week ago when I hunted it up on a friend's emulator; powerful atmospherics and melodic style and I think it would be slick not to perhapse take the music and translate it that way so much as focus on concocting something new that plays off of those tangents and themes with the same very particular strain of eeriness.

Anyone else had similar ideas? Would anyone be interested in jumping on what I'm thinking about? Even 8 bit would be slick, I don't know if I'd jump on that means but there are some rather interesting producers like Quarta 330 and Zomby even who've been all over chopping and dicing videogame sounds as well.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2009, 2:13 am

That's cool.

RJD2 apparently gives shout outs to old Megaman and other classic NES titles as well.
Look at his myspace page. :D