Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2009, 10:00 am

anyone else needs this?

w the wrong music, i cant even type a word

for my sci fi, i had a wide selection of "soundtrack" while writing, that i, despite its variation, repeated over and over.
it wasnt even music very similar in genre, but they all had specific moods that i drew a lot of inspiration from

mostly electronic, cus it fit the sci-fi genre, but within there, it was all from party-tunes to very deep and hardcore ambience pieces.

if the playlist turned into something else, that i like, but that didnt fit the mood, i'd stop typing, and almost in a panicked fashion find some more fitting song :I

JPanzer
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2009, 10:36 am

Yep, i know exactly what you mean.

I often extract music from games as most pieces of game music have a very specific feeling in them which helps me to write towards that particular feeling.

Also theme tunes can help me to imagine a film trailer for what i'm writing which helps me to come up with a story.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2009, 5:23 pm

JPanzer wrote:
Yep, i know exactly what you mean.

I often extract music from games as most pieces of game music have a very specific feeling in them which helps me to write towards that particular feeling.

Also theme tunes can help me to imagine a film trailer for what i'm writing which helps me to come up with a story.

hah one of my recurring ones is a final fantasy piece of soundtrack. i havent even plaid any of the games, and frankly i dunno when or why i got it :D but it was a lucky tune, and gave lots of that good writing-mood

mistercheech
Raven
Raven

19 Jul 2009, 1:21 am

merzbow is awesome writing music.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2009, 11:59 am

mistercheech wrote:

daaaamn thats a bit too hardcore for me. i guess you learn to listen to it, and its not like i have to run to shut it off, but i dont think i could focus on the actual writing

but its interesting tho, what do you write? while listening to that? :D

Batz
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jul 2009, 9:19 pm

Listen to Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles music when I write. Has the type of music fitting for my writing voice.

Aspiewriter
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jul 2009, 11:26 am

Already a topic started on this.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2009, 11:31 am

Aspiewriter wrote:
Already a topic started on this.

partypooper

mistercheech
Raven
Raven

23 Jul 2009, 5:22 am

ZEGH8578 wrote:
mistercheech wrote:

daaaamn thats a bit too hardcore for me. i guess you learn to listen to it, and its not like i have to run to shut it off, but i dont think i could focus on the actual writing

i write linear, albeit plotless stories about amoral, psychotic characters.

but anything can happen when using noise to stimulate you. it's like using lots of codeine pain pills, but better.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 7:28 am

mistercheech wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:
mistercheech wrote:

but anything can happen when using noise to stimulate you. it's like using lots of codeine pain pills, but better.

what a comparison :D
your style reminds me of my "ramirez" stories, theyre (virtually identical) short stories about a (ridiculously stereotypical) overly cynical (possibly all out sociopathic) private detective. he has a mustache (which his counterpart, "captain lozoro" has in the sci-fi novels im writing. but they have... a LITTLE more plot.)

the stories start w a cliché mission, and from there he more or less moves around like an escaped dog, attacking random people, "looking for clues" etc :roll:

i CAN see how some solid noise-music could inspire those stories

for the sci-fi stories im writing now however, i need more of a slow-flow. theres psychotic behaviour there as well, drunk and drugged and murderous behaviour, but - in space. so there's another mood :D

HAL_9000
Toucan
Toucan

23 Jul 2009, 4:24 pm

I write on a Netbook that has very little on it besides a word processor, no internet connection and I don't listen to any music. If I do, I just end up day dreaming and never writing a thing. That said, I do ponder and envision how parts of my story might go when listening to music.

Simmian7
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2009, 5:56 pm

i write to music.

It's like someone's calling out to me. Writing it all down...it's like I'm calling back to them.
(quote from August Rush; but used as a reference to my writing)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
My ASD AQ score is 42
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
#DemandCartoonDiversity

mistercheech
Raven
Raven

23 Jul 2009, 11:45 pm

ZEGH8578 wrote:
mistercheech wrote:
ZEGH8578 wrote:
mistercheech wrote:

what a comparison :D
your style reminds me of my "ramirez" stories, theyre (virtually identical) short stories about a (ridiculously stereotypical) overly cynical (possibly all out sociopathic) private detective. he has a mustache (which his counterpart, "captain lozoro" has in the sci-fi novels im writing. but they have... a LITTLE more plot.)

the stories start w a cliché mission, and from there he more or less moves around like an escaped dog, attacking random people, "looking for clues" etc :roll:

i CAN see how some solid noise-music could inspire those stories

for the sci-fi stories im writing now however, i need more of a slow-flow. theres psychotic behaviour there as well, drunk and drugged and murderous behaviour, but - in space. so there's another mood :D

lol! that actually reminds me of a detective story that i'm trying to write at the moment (that, inexplicably, i can write only when i'm really drunk).

it a detective story ... it uses the dean koontz structure of alternating between a comically over-the-top good guy and similarly over-the-top bad guy, but the bad guy is SO EVIL that it often reads like an overcaffeinated american psycho.

it's so much fun.