Page 1 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2009, 3:36 pm

Does anyone else love electronic music with its weird and fantastic sounds and repetitive beats?
People think I'm extra weird for liking such music. I just wondered if anyone else find such music hypnotic and mind blowing? There seems to be something very aspie about such music; especially if it is "pure" and has no vocals.

In my younger days it was Pink Floyd and Sky, but since then bands like Orbital (They released several albums also did sound tracks for Dr Who and films such as Event Horizon).

Batz
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Apr 2009, 4:01 pm

I don't know about electronic music, but I can agree with you about instrumental music being aspie. Got to hear some electronic music sometime. I can tell you this though: I would listen to it, and most likely I'll like it, since it has no vocals.

jnet
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2009, 4:24 pm

I've always preferred music with no vocals. But I've always had trouble finding it.... Went to a music store once when I was like 10 and tried to ask what albums had no vocals and got laughed at. When I got older and found out I have an auditory processing disorder, my preference for instrumentals became more clear. I couldn't understand vocals anyway, so it's much easier to enjoy music that don't have them. (I have found a love for country music though. I find the lyrics easier to understand than other "popular" forms of music.)

TXaspie
Toucan
Toucan

01 Apr 2009, 7:13 pm

I'm a lover of all types of electronica.

Mostly

Goa/psychedelic trance:
Hallucinogen
Astral Projection
MFG

Downtempo:
Shpongle
Entheogenic

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2009, 9:30 pm

Big fan of techno (techno!) The Detroit stuff and Berlin werk. I also love the funkier stuff like Boris Divider, early Anthony Rother and Silicon Scally.

http://xelebes.wordpress.com/
My Blog

silvskaterdude
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Apr 2009, 6:42 pm

i like the new devloping rap genrees that mix rap with d- beat/ tenhno and or electrnica cyber hypnyo rap is good too but is only known by small local bands around ontario canada and their my space pages grime has the ood tencno sound in it but it is mostly raw amp feedbakc with rpa overlapping the sound making a unquie sounds but yeah unless it is mixed with rap no thanks but i am interted i nthe rise of these werid but awasome rap genres.

thrae
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Apr 2009, 7:33 am

I love electronica. My favorite is Astral Projection. I like almost every song they've written. A lot of the other artists I listen to, I just like one or two of their songs. I haven't been able to find a store that has a decent variety of electronica. A lot of these songs are hard to find even in the online music stores. Has anyone had better luck?

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2009, 9:09 am

HAve you tried beatport and junorecords?

http://xelebes.wordpress.com/
My Blog

thrae
Butterfly
Butterfly

07 Apr 2009, 10:32 pm

Thanks! I hadn't heard of those. Beatport looks a lot better than other sites I've seen. For some reason, I can't get to junorecords right now.

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 3:58 am

yeah definitely !

Mortiferus
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Apr 2009, 4:59 am

:P I love (happy) hardcore, EBM, trance... I don't go to clubs or anything so some people have wondered why I would listen to "dance music" so much. I feel it gives me energy and is awesome while riding a bike or such. Great to space out to. The downside is I might look stupid getting too into it. DJ Sharpnel is fantastic. :P

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 6:27 am

Doctor Who. The ultimate piece of electronic music. 'Nuff said.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF2x5IKxmAQ[/youtube]

On sabbatical...

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2009, 10:35 am

i loooove that track! i got the same vid bookmarked ;)

i got several mp3's of mu-ziq, plaid and bonobo

audioeyes
Toucan
Toucan

14 Apr 2009, 12:27 pm

Aphex Twin all the way
Oval
Orbital and Leftfield
Autechre
BT.

And many more. You'll notice that with a lot more of the experimental Electronic genres - Glitch, Ambient, Chillout, Trip Hop, Dub, Techno, Breaks - the beats are not repetitive. In fact, in some genres, there are no beats, and some genres have no consistent rhythm.

oppositedirection
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2009, 9:55 am

I find electronic music so innovative and challenging. Perhaps the limited pallet of sounds they work from means they have to push the boundaries in other direction.

I'd also recommend Juno Records when it comes to buying electronica online.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2009, 12:57 pm

audioeyes wrote:
And many more. You'll notice that with a lot more of the experimental Electronic genres - Glitch, Ambient, Chillout, Trip Hop, Dub, Techno, Breaks - the beats are not repetitive. In fact, in some genres, there are no beats, and some genres have no consistent rhythm.

I actually quite like it when it is very minimal and repetitive. Sometimes they use breaks and glitch as a safety net. Other artist can use it really well.