[b]calling all artists affected inspired influenced by autis

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

alisonmccann
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jan 2010, 6:25 pm

Hello there,
I'm Alison, I produce art pieces that are inspired by my son Caleb who is autistic. I'm interested in finding other artists who are affected by autism in some way, maybe you have autism or a friend or relative is autistic. I have my own website and would like to devote a page to other artists and their work and show a diversity of different ways of thinking about autism. I can upload an image of your work and add a link to you, so when someone taps into me they will see your work too.
If you are interested let me know by sending me your thoughts through this topic.

Many Thanks,

Alison :twisted:

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 6:30 pm

Hiya Alison and welcome to the forum!
Its a nice idea of yours and maybe I will contribute with my art one day who knows but... why the twisted evil smiley? For some reason that gives me bad feelings you are a mean person but out of the text I see nothing mean...

*aspy who tries to read expressions and their meanings*

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 6:35 pm

xalepax wrote:
Hiya Alison and welcome to the forum!
why the twisted evil smiley? For some reason that gives me bad feelings you are a mean person but out of the text I see nothing mean...

Probably a typo. She probably meant for a friendly one but accidently got the evil one. She probably didn't even notice.

alisonmccann
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jan 2010, 6:41 pm

Thanks xalepax I can't upload my website details at the moment, but as soon as I can, you can see my work and let me know what you think, and you are very very welcome to contribute some art images in the future.

Alison :D

P.S Hope you like smiley face better

TheOddGoat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 6:41 pm

alisonmccann wrote:
Hello there,
I'm Alison, I produce art pieces that are inspired by my son Caleb who is autistic. I'm interested in finding other artists who are affected by autism in some way, maybe you have autism or a friend or relative is autistic. I have my own website and would like to devote a page to other artists and their work and show a diversity of different ways of thinking about autism. I can upload an image of your work and add a link to you, so when someone taps into me they will see your work too.
If you are interested let me know by sending me your thoughts through this topic.

Many Thanks,

Alison :twisted:

I'm guessing you only mean visual arts?

alisonmccann
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jan 2010, 6:45 pm

Hi TheOddGoat,

Initially I suppose visual art as I'm a textile artist myself but what art do you do? I'm keen to explore all avenues.

TheOddGoat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 7:30 pm

I'm a musician.

Mainly 12-string Box guitar.

alisonmccann
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

02 Jan 2010, 7:41 pm

Brlliant, my husband is a guitar tutor and plays mainly les paul. Hopefully in the future I'll put up links for musicians on my site! You've got me thinking.

:) :idea:

TheOddGoat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 10:56 pm

alisonmccann wrote:
Brlliant, my husband is a guitar tutor and plays mainly les paul. Hopefully in the future I'll put up links for musicians on my site! You've got me thinking.

:) :idea:

Cool!

My dad passed away when I was 4 and I inherited a '67ish les paul. I don't play it though, because the frets are worn to nothing and it is more purely an heirloom than an instrument now.

I can play guitar in the normal way:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KT2k1K_U2pk[/youtube]

But mostly I like to play music with touchstyle, so I have the openness of piano but tone of guitar:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY5mJ4V3HeQ[/youtube]

Oh and you may spot the nudity in the background, it is tasteful though... Except because I block most of it with my body it just looks like a penis popping up every once in a while than the famous anatomical drawing. lol.

I don't think I would have gone outside the norm or practiced so much if I wasn't on the spectrum.

alisonmccann
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Jan 2010, 9:53 am

To TheOddGoat,
I really love what you do, and with your permission I would like to upload the links to your utube videos. Could you private message me with a little bit about yourself, for example, what you love about playing, guitar, inspirations; maybe a little bit about where you are on the spectrum. Whatever you feel comfortable talking about, and yes, there's tasteful nudity in the background.

Thanks,
Alison :)

RampionRampage
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2010, 10:15 am

I've been planning to do Autism-related art soon, once I'm more comfortable with my skills with wire work.

alisonmccann
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Jan 2010, 4:48 pm

Thanks for responding,
What of work are you doing?