Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

BongSao
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Dec 2009, 6:19 pm

anyone else feel like this John Frusciante album is one of the deepest collection of songs there is?

FaithHopeCheese
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2009, 9:04 pm

I just read the lyrics. How would you interpret them?

(I'm referring to the song in the topic.)

BongSao

16 Dec 2009, 10:14 pm

well, my bad, yea thats a song in the album, but its also the title of the whole album, that is "Smile from the streets you hold." and honestly i havent listened to that specific song enough to say, but songs like "life's a bath", "enter a uh" and "estress" are incredible, but the album as a whole just moves me on another level... he was real bad at the recording of this health wise, he was secluded and doing heroin nonstop, he originally sold this album for drug money. the lyrics are often almost unintelligible but there's just something about it... its pretty hard to listen to since sometimes, some people cant take it because its just too depressing because you can literally hear him dying... fortunately hes off the smack and doing well nowadays. anyway give it a listen if you like unconventional music, you might see what i mean.

FaithHopeCheese
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2009, 10:39 pm

BongSao wrote:
he was real bad at the recording of this health wise, he was secluded and doing heroin nonstop, he originally sold this album for drug money. the lyrics are often almost unintelligible but there's just something about it..

If that's case, I totally get it. 8) :) I just listened to 'life's a bath' on you tube and it gave me goose bumps, but you're right it is very depressing. I have to be careful about what music I listen to, because I'm really sensitive to it. I can see the appeal though. My favorite sad song is Natalie Merchant's 'my skin'... for what it's worth

Verwandlung
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

17 Dec 2009, 5:28 pm

I have all his solo albums , the first "Niandra Lades and usually just a t shirt" is my favorite.

Recorded by Johhny Depp around the time Lades got released:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eQs-ZhXPok[/youtube]

(The other person seen in this short film is Timothy Leary)

Apparently he has left the RHCP (again) yesterday:

John Frusciante

BongSao

30 Dec 2009, 2:11 am

"I have to be careful about what music I listen to, because I'm really sensitive to it. "

me too, there are songs that i simply cant listen to...

and yeah i heard that frusciante left the chili peppers again....though that doesnt really affect me, i never liked them as much as his solo stuff anyway, keidis is too ridiculous for me. flea is the s**t too though.

BongSao

30 Dec 2009, 2:12 am

oh and my favorite song is actually probably off "niandra.." probably just because its easier to listen to on a more regular basis than stuff like "enter a uh"...lol.... but its "my smile is a rifle"...song blows me away.