Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

GriffinGuitar12
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2015, 8:03 pm

Any other Aspies here that like this sorta music? If so, please be sure to reply to me and tell me what you like. I think these kinds of music are amazing because they calm me down and they often have deep emotional content as well that resonates with me as a passionate, sensitive person. As for me, I have a RANGE of favorites!! ! Since it's the holiday season, I've been in the mood for Xmas/holiday music lately, but the musicians who do the songs I've been listening to are good to listen to any time of year. Today I've listened to such songs by people like Sufjan Stevens, Andrew Bird, Regina Spektor, She & Him, Phoenix, The Walkmen, Calexico, Snow Patrol, and Bright Eyes. Does anyone else here like these sorts of bands? If so, I'd love to get to know you!! :) Looking forward to hearing back!

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2015, 5:42 pm

I got into Andrew Bird about 5 years ago.

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2015, 12:58 am

Yes! My absolute favorites are Sufjan Stevens, The National, & Elliott Smith. My other (slightly-lesser) obsessions are with: The Shins, Voxtrot, The Smashing Pumpkins, Feist, Bright Eyes, CAKE, The Velvet Underground, Neutral Milk Hotel, Modest Mouse, The killers, Mum, Spoon, The Bravery....I could continue but this list is getting out of hand and possibly out of that genre. :)

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2015, 10:20 am

I like Modest Mouse, Radiohead, Sufjan Stevens, Andrew Bird, Patrick Watson, Elliot Smith, Mum... I don't really understand how "indie" is classified as a genre when individual bands/artists are incredibly different in their sound. The thing I love about Modest Mouse is that they rock pretty hard along with being completely original. Especially their stuff from the 90s. It's hard to find other indie music like that these days.