Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 6:54 pm

Musical Theatre is my special interest. Does anyone else like musicals? The Tony Awards are on television tonight, those are the theatre awards that are basically Broadway's version of the Oscars. Is anyone else watching?

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman

musicislife
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 7:50 pm

I can't watch the Tony's, but I'm a huge musical theatre fan!! At my high school I was on production crew (aka stage crew or tech crew) for Disney's Beauty and the Beast (sophomore year) and Show Boat (senior year); junior year I had a one line role in Ragtime, as well as being in the choir for it. :)
I love seeing musicals too. I've seen RENT and Wicked in a city near my hometown, and The Phantom of the Opera and The Lion King in Toronto. :D

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 8:31 pm

Yay, another musical theatre fan!

I've been in Anything Goes, The King and I, Once Upon a Mattress, A Christmas Survival Guide, The Trojan Women, and several cabaret shows. I even got to perform a song I'd written myself in one of the cabaret shows.

I saw Phantom in Toronto, too! I've also seen Evita, Cats, Spring Awakening, Avenue Q, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, and Wicked 3 times - twice in Toronto and once in New York.

I write music, and it's my goal to be a writer for either musical theatre or movie soundtracks, if I can't be an actual singer.

I also know the Tony winners for best musical for the last 15 years. :P And I know a lot about specific musicals.

Yes I'm obsessed.

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman