Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 11:27 pm

You know, I hate pop music today and all that lady gaga type crap, but I actually like the songs. The music(especially the bass) and the melody are awesome, but the lyrics and subject matter... ughh. It's one of the few popular songs that doesn't annoy me.

Fehndrix
Toucan
Toucan

10 Jul 2010, 12:09 am

And The Beatles were the original boy band. They played instruments, and were very good at it.

MarijnR
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Jul 2010, 6:41 am

I can't stand anything "Lady" Gaga pukes out, but I do like Katy Perry and most of her songs & collaborations.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 3:22 pm

I don't mind the song, but it annoys me when song titles are spelled wrong on purpose. Other culprits are Sk8er Boi (Avril Lavigne) and Stickwitu (Pussycat Dolls). Why? WHY?? :roll:

y es como un semestre"

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 3:06 am

gina-ghettoprincess wrote:
I don't mind the song, but it annoys me when song titles are spelled wrong on purpose. Other culprits are Sk8er Boi (Avril Lavigne) and Stickwitu (Pussycat Dolls). Why? WHY?? :roll:

Cuz itz k00l! :lol:

Fehndrix
Toucan
Toucan

11 Jul 2010, 1:57 pm

When Alejandro came out, Katy blasted Gaga on Twitter, saying "Using blasphemy as entertainment is as cheap as a comedian telling a fart joke." This comes a couple years after Katy came out with "I Kissed A Girl." She's not even bi, probably did it when she was drunk. Hypocrite.

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2010, 2:35 pm

yeah, that's the drivel i heard in the car the other day.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Fehndrix
Toucan
Toucan

arecibo_
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jul 2010, 5:57 pm

Fehndrix wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2dPA2dCRNY

My little sister's listening to the radio and these two songs were played one after the other. I barely noticed the change. They actually do sound exactly the same.

Manders
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 10:57 pm

I HATE this song.

I recently got stuck listening to a 'current hits' radio station on the way home from an amusement park, as that's what the passengers in my car requested, and wow. I didn't realize how bad a lot of the 'current hits' are. My brain hurt after the first 30 seconds.

BrandonSP
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2010, 11:22 pm

I've heard worse songs, but the music video is really weird. What does all the Candyland stuff have to do with the lyrics?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Jul 2010, 11:44 pm

Fehndrix wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2dPA2dCRNY

I like the song but I also really like that pic 8O I want to see some more like that :D

BrandonSP wrote:
I've heard worse songs, but the music video is really weird. What does all the Candyland stuff have to do with the lyrics?

Lots of videos have nothing to do with the song lyrics. I think the Candyland stuff is some kind of metaphor type thing for California. A real Candyland would be a perfect place for a young kid so it could be implying that California is like a perfect place. Hard to believe I did bad on poetry stuff in English class :o

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 2:08 am

lotuspuppy wrote:
While it's annoying, it's sadly true. I just spent a weekend trip in California, and California girls do, in fact, wear Daisy Dukes with bikinis on top.

I don't. Most of the women I know don't, either.

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 10:41 am

lotuspuppy wrote:
While it's annoying, it's sadly true. I just spent a weekend trip in California, and California girls do, in fact, wear Daisy Dukes with bikinis on top.

I can affirm this. I live in CA. It's ridiculous :oops: I'm embarrassed whenever I see other girls dressed like that in the grocery store or the mall.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 11:42 am

book_noodles wrote:
lotuspuppy wrote:

I can affirm this. I live in CA. It's ridiculous :oops: I'm embarrassed whenever I see other girls dressed like that in the grocery store or the mall.

Weird. I've lived here in California my entire life and this is not something I see very often. In fact, the only time I remember seeing anything like this was at water world, and it certainly wasn't the majority.

Maybe it's the area?

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 11:57 am

TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
book_noodles wrote:
lotuspuppy wrote:

Weird. I've lived here in California my entire life and this is not something I see very often. In fact, the only time I remember seeing anything like this was at water world, and it certainly wasn't the majority.

Maybe it's the area?

Maybe.. I live in a beach city.