Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

aspie4jc
Raven
Raven

22 Aug 2006, 2:50 pm

computerlove wrote:
Calvin and Hobbes

Come on! Why hasn't nobody mentioned Calvin and Hobbes?!

Because you beat me to it! I am not into comic books (graphic novels) per se, but I do enjoy comics that appear in newspapers:

C&H
Zits
Close to Home
The Far Side
Beetle Bailey

lastwish
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Aug 2006, 4:04 pm

i love penny arcade, you might enjoy this as well: http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/

computerlove
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2006, 9:11 pm

lastwish: yeah, Penny Arcade is a must :)

aspie4jc: Too bad Calvin and Hobbes ended :(, but, it ended at the top :)

lostatlimbo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Aug 2006, 10:09 pm

i love, love, love the current Daredevil series.

i pretty much love most of Brian Michael Bendis's work - Daredevil, Powers, New Avengers, the House of M, etc.

i really like the Ultimates series and Planetary. The Civil War arc that is going on now is great too. i like a lot of what Warren Ellis and Mike Millar write.

i used to be obsessed with Kabuki and anything David Mack wrote. i still think he is an amazing artist and writer, but he has gotten too full of himself, imo.

those are my favs.

SkippyP
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Aug 2006, 10:17 am

Planetary is an amazing series, when it comes out. It's a shame the series will be ending soon, but I thought I heard something abouta spin-off mini or something. Ellis is one of those writers whose work you can pretty much buy blindly, knowing you're gonna get something good regardless.

I'm loving Civil War a lot right now too. It's an event that looks like it'll have actual reprocusions that won't be retconned away in a year. Annihilation and Planet Hulk are also very good (man I can't wait for Hulk to get back to Earth)

glavin
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Sep 2006, 8:00 am

I have a REALLY strong connection to Rouroni Kenshin. Sometimes makes me wonder if the writer of the comic was channeling my life, or if I was someone like Kenshin in a past life (hey, the manga is based off of historical characters, and then there's the whole otakin phenomenon (if you don't know what that is, do a search on LiveJournal)), or something.

Death Note and Monster are both highly addicting serials. I just started reading V For Vendetta and am loving it a lot (I wonder how the movie compares).

I'd want to say my own comic but I don't know if its really any good. :?

Cherokee
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Sep 2006, 4:11 am

I only really like 2 comics as the moment, but have liked others in the past.

Y The last man which is about a guy and his pet monkey, who are the last living males on earth, it’s very different from most comics.

And Runaways which is about a group of kids who run away from home when they find out their parents are super vilenes.

Aridarr
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2006, 6:51 am

I'm afraid I haven't read any manga. :(

The only real comics I read are the works of Jhonen Vasquez. (JTHM, I Feel Sick, Squee)

I also enjoy online comics made with Gary's mod, in Half-life 2. some of them are very well made. The best known is probably Concerned. (http://www.hlcomic.com)

Sometimes I read The Far Side, and other random strips that appear in newspapers and magazines, as well as on the internet.

SamuraiSaxen
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2006, 9:33 pm

I'm reading the manga "Blade of the Immortal", "Samurai Champloo", and "Robotech" (the comic version).

I like "Rurouni Kenshin", "Ranma 1/2", "InuYasha", "Peace Maker", all Gundam series and all that manga about samurais and mechas.

KingMichael
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Oct 2006, 11:28 pm

I used to read the Shonen Jump magazines all the time, but I started getting them less when I became addicted to MMORPGs (and now I don't read them at all). My favorite manga is Fullmetal Alchemist. I read a bunch of scanlated chapters online before VIZ released them in the US, but I stopped before I finished the series. The story in the manga is very different from the story in the animated series.

I also enjoy the webcomics VGCats and Concerned.