what are you listening to THIS VERY SECOND?

Page 3265 of 3963 [ 63408 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3262, 3263, 3264, 3265, 3266, 3267, 3268 ... 3963  Next

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 5:22 am

i find this a good song for when everything closing in and you just want scream "SCREW YOU" to the universe....warning: you have to be in a very dark place to feel this

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 5:26 am

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 5:31 am

little known fact in the summer of 64, the beatles traveled to nyc, and in pre-broadcast rehearsal, blew away the audience with an experimental performance, never to be repeated, that left ed sullivan reverberating with burst ear drums, this is the rare footage only now released from the vault

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 5:46 am

Yes, beatles invented Heavy metal. They even posed for a gory covershoot for their new artistic direction.

Of course plans were scrapped by their manager in 65, "the new and daring sound," was considered "uncommerical" and an "abomination in the eyes of god and her majesty " and they decided to go the flower child root, which was the prevailing trend at the time, it would take some more years before Heavy metal became a thing. By the end of the decade, John Lennon had traveled to Detroit, met iggy pop, and hanged out in birmingham, england , and frequented pubs with Ozzy Ozbourne. He was the seed of the heavy metal revolution. A pioneering genius that helped so many musicians behind the scenes.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 6:11 am

little known fact the orginal demo of "imagine" was one the last beatles songs, recorded in 1969. It was a lot heavier, making use of the new 24track recorders. Lennon presented the song in the studio. The original plans for the long delayed heavy metal project were scrapped though when a fight broke out in the studio over McCartney speeding too much time overdub his guitar parts. the incident left the beatles bitterly divided, and they soon broke up after that. ringos blood was spilled on the tape machine and mixing console, so the tapes were never issued. It was found years later by a janitor named Andy at abbey road, stashed away in a cupboard, now released for die-hard collectors:

Yoko Ono on glockenspeil. Ringo Star: drums. Mcartney: Distorted Stratocaster. George Martin:Producer.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 6:29 am

the song that got me into alanis morrsiette, made me look deeper at her music

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 6:33 am

the song that got me into henry rollins, made me look deeper at his music

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 6:33 am

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 7:45 am

Chilled out kurdt after the prozac kicked in, i like to think this is how he would have performed it had he lived, and was in a happier place, on tour say maybe in 1996, finally coming to terms with his stardom, a new, lighter, gentler, nirvana

it could have been a new 'dylan goes electric' moment in the alternative scene. a paradigm shift.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 7:55 am

Black sabbath, if they debuted during the summer of love, and the ozzy had dropped acid just before going on stage

melody is reminiscent of a 70's George Benson. Looks like it could of have been a deleted scene from woodstock.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 7:59 am

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 8:17 am

Red Jam Pearl Peppers

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 8:24 am

Village Priest

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 8:29 am

Mighty Powerful version

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 8:35 am

Its amazing what Metal Riffs can do to the vibe of a song

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2021, 8:40 am

Its amazing what simple change in genre can do to a song