Below average. 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Bad idea. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
No opinion. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2011, 10:03 pm

I've been playing with an idea for what I think might make a good manga (or anime) series for a while now, and I think I might actually have enough of it nailed down to consider starting to write it out soon. Tentatively, the series would be titled Lancing.

Here's the synopsis I've come up with for it:

By day, Takeshi Kaneshiro is a seemingly average high school student, if something of a loner. By night though, he is an elite covert operative employed by a shadowy organization, among other things. When an attack on one of his classmates brings the two different sides of his life together, he is determined get to the bottom of it, even if it means making himself a target.

It would be an action/romance type of thing, set in modern Japan, and would be relatively serious, maybe even verging on dark and gritty, in a few places. As for the essentials, I have the characters mostly thought out and a logical progression of events in mind as well, but here's the thing: I can't draw for beans; especially not manga.

So, basically, I'm wondering if anyone here on WP is any good at drawing manga, and would be at all interested in possibly collaborating with me on an experimental first chapter or something, just to see. The artist would, of course, get full credit for their work.

If you're interested, and want more information in order to make a decision, feel free to PM me about it, or you can post here and I'll PM you. Also, please provide a sample of your work so I can see, as well.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2011, 10:18 pm

I'd read it. Love those kinds of mangas. Go ahead and make it. :)

I would help you if I could actually draw. :(

ikorack
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 2:08 am

Zokk wrote:
By day, Takeshi Kaneshiro is a seemingly average high school student, if something of a loner. By night though, he is an elite covert operative employed by a shadowy organization, among other things. When an attack on one of his classmates brings the two different sides of his life together, he is determined get to the bottom of it, even if it means making himself a target.

Could you justify his presence at school? Would it be one of many private schools funded by this organization as a cover(just a for instance)? Also a covert agent has no business making himself a target.(he'll either need heavy motivation, or he'll have to be forced into it.) Also will the organization bring him into this or we'll be doing it himself?(if doing it himself will his organization know? if they don't will they assume he went rogue?) I like it but a concept isn't really a good basis for judgment, at least get a working plot.

Dalton_Man321
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Jan 2011, 5:16 am

Don't quit your day job.

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2011, 11:40 am

ikorack wrote:
Could you justify his presence at school? Would it be one of many private schools funded by this organization as a cover(just a for instance)? Also a covert agent has no business making himself a target.(he'll either need heavy motivation, or he'll have to be forced into it.) Also will the organization bring him into this or we'll be doing it himself?(if doing it himself will his organization know? if they don't will they assume he went rogue?) I like it but a concept isn't really a good basis for judgment, at least get a working plot.

All of those questions I could answer right now off the top of my head, and would be answered in the story, as events progress, so to give the answers now would be to spoil certain aspects of the plot. 8)