Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

BeccaBear
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Nov 2010, 2:49 pm

i absolutely LOVE going to concerts, but they kind of freak me out. it doesn't help that most bands i like play in basements haha. i try to have a good time but i always end up standing in the back worrying about the ceiling falling in or something. :roll: it looks fun to be in a mosh/circle pit / wall of death or whatever, but that makes me have a huge anxiety attack. :?

what should i do to not worry about stupid stuff so much?

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 3:47 pm

BeccaBear wrote:
i absolutely LOVE going to concerts, but they kind of freak me out. it doesn't help that most bands i like play in basements haha. i try to have a good time but i always end up standing in the back worrying about the ceiling falling in or something. :roll: it looks fun to be in a mosh/circle pit / wall of death or whatever, but that makes me have a huge anxiety attack. :?

what should i do to not worry about stupid stuff so much?

Just try to focus on the music itself. Do what you can to prevent your attention from wandering.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

iHateCamera
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Nov 2010, 3:32 pm

I guess you should just try to lose yourself in the music and relax. I ended up being caught in a wall of death once while I was trying to follow my friend. I got squashed and thought I was gonna get killed haha but I was fine. People push and shove and seem aggressive but if there is a genuine chance of someone getting hurt most people are surprisingly nice and will help you out. I used to get panic attacks in concerts too, but I just thought about it and realised it's not realistic. If I need to leave or it gets too much then there's nothing to stop me from walking out.

Ashuahhe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 5:34 am

Foam earplugs help, it helps when the sounds are too loud or overwhelming. It helped me