Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 7:22 pm

Any thoughts on the new Radiohead album? Or are my tastes getting a bit old now

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 9:30 pm

In my opinion, it's fantastic, yet not their best. <-- Gives away how much I love them.

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2011, 12:06 am

it doesn't fascinate me as much as some previous albums (yet) but i like it.

there is nothing like the first time hearing a song like "everything in its right place" though, and nothing will ever compare to that and a few other radiohead moments for me that were so mindblowing they changed my idea of what music is.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2011, 12:38 am

I've only listened to it once on youtube. I really do love Radiohead but nothing on this latest release really stood out to me, at least not on the first listen. Also, most of the songs, as well as the overall album length, seemed too short. I just felt kinda like "that's it?". Maybe I'll give it another try.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2011, 12:52 am

katzefrau wrote:
there is nothing like the first time hearing a song like "everything in its right place" though, and nothing will ever compare to that and a few other radiohead moments for me that were so mindblowing they changed my idea of what music is.

On that album I really liked hearing "National Anthem" and then "How To Disappear Completely" immediately following it.

spacebrain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Feb 2011, 3:02 am

katzefrau wrote:
there is nothing like the first time hearing a song like "everything in its right place"

Feral had a "like" impression on me, the vocals worm-holing and cascading about is intense to me and he bass just overtakes everything, so buzzy! That's my favorite song, and I think the rest are also a tremendous effort.

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2011, 6:45 pm

spacebrain wrote:
katzefrau wrote:
there is nothing like the first time hearing a song like "everything in its right place"

Feral had a "like" impression on me, the vocals worm-holing and cascading about is intense to me and he bass just overtakes everything, so buzzy! That's my favorite song, and I think the rest are also a tremendous effort.

Yeah Feral is awesome, it took me a while to get into. My favourite album is still Kid A but KOL is pretty strong too. I'm a bit p----d off about the length though, These Are My Twisted Words would've sat nicely as a ninth track

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 12:51 am

bucephalus wrote:
spacebrain wrote:
katzefrau wrote:

Yeah Feral is awesome, it took me a while to get into. My favourite album is still Kid A but KOL is pretty strong too. I'm a bit p----d off about the length though, These Are My Twisted Words would've sat nicely as a ninth track

Yea. The songs are all good. It's just not long enough. The songs end too fast. :(

spacebrain
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Feb 2011, 1:01 am

yea kid a still doesnt seem real, its in its own realm, and thinking how they carved it out with crude tools it's like a Wonder, this album is excellent crafted with precision tools to reach finer subltleties and the length doesnt bother me cause its what i call a one-hit album, one big badass hit and your covered for the length o the album. dense ass album too, so its not like they dont deliver maximum effort. but yea, the more area they give me to swim around, the better.