Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 9:40 am

Hi. I was just wondering. How and where would you submit a recently created album for professional critics to review?

I was thinking about Newgrounds, but all they do is just troll. Got any good places, I can showcase my work?

Thanks.

iluvfossilshadez457
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Feb 2011, 5:18 pm

Alternative wrote:
Hi. I was just wondering. How and where would you submit a recently created album for professional critics to review?

I was thinking about Newgrounds, but all they do is just troll. Got any good places, I can showcase my work?

Thanks.

my dad's in the music field, plus i'm a music fiend trying to become my own indie singer/songwriter so here are some sources, although the first resort is an awfully expensive and iffy chance of seeing if you might go somewhere:
Taxi.com
Jango.com (this is to answer the second part of the quote if you decided to submit just one or two songs, if that's alright. this is also pricey and you may not get very good hype even for the amount you pay per hits you can get)

and last but not least...something i heard of on facebook:
hellomusic.com
OMG you have to try this one, pardon my sudden outburst of excitement. unless you haven't heard of this one already, this is your best bet. submit your stuff, it's probably free, and see what happens.

also i would like to get a link to hear your stuff for myself, even though i'm not so music savvy which is strange becuase i don't even have a full demo myself to put out yet. ironic though if i want to hear yours for inspiration right? never mind lol, i'm probably not making sense just now but i'll be one personal source of opinion if you happen to want one. i'm open to new music to add to that anyways, so bring it on over!

have fun!
--fossilshadesgurl

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 6:48 am

Hi. Thanks for your suggestions. :)

Feel free to have a listen on my SoundCloud page:

www.soundcloud.com/Staticsphere

I've tried BBC's Unsigned Music Website, and I'll also try hellomusic.com

Thanks for your feedback. :D

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2011, 7:36 am

I submitted my album to Hellomusic, and I'm really pleased with their feedback.

They gave me a 2.75/5 and commented on how this album could be improved.

I'm really happy I got genuine feedback. :D

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 8:20 am

Also got 3.25/5 for my EP. :)