does any1 know of a site to find out where auditions are?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

theSPECTRE
Toucan
Toucan

21 Jan 2005, 9:14 pm

does any1 know of a site to find out where auditions are? I really wanna change my life and be a star someday.

Therblig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jan 2005, 10:06 pm

Auditions for what exactly?

I myself am highly involved in community theatre and most every town boasts several of those that quite often have open call auditions for various shows.

If you want film or television that is a much harder process that takes a lot of time, determination, and luck. Sadly, in that business it is more about who you know than what you know and how you look than how you act. However, if that's your true dream than wading through the molasses of a process that it takes to finally make it big should be quite enjoyable.

Try searching on the internet for either of these perhaps search under "open call auditions" and the name of your city or the nearest big town to find local auditions. If it's not acting you're interested, try searching the same thing only being more specific as to singing, dancing, or whatever it is you wish to audition for. Newspapers nearly always have information about auditions for agencies or in the very least advertisements for coming shows at local theatres that have not yet been cast. Keep your eyes and ears open and I've no doubt you'll find a wide variety of auditions to choose from. :)

I hope this was of help to you.

Oh, and wish me luck because I have an audition tomorrow morning at a local theatre for James and the Giant Peach.

Feste-Fenris
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2005, 10:07 pm

Look for local auditions for things like plays and local musicals... then work your way up...

Keep a day job... that's all the advice I can give you... keep a day job until you can live comfortably doing what you love...

theSPECTRE
Toucan
Toucan

21 Jan 2005, 10:15 pm

thanks guys. you see im 17 and I live in PA my mom said she would drive me anywhere to nyc or baltimore just so i could be happy best of luck to you both

Mel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2005, 5:50 am

Therblig wrote:

Oh, and wish me luck because I have an audition tomorrow morning at a local theatre for James and the Giant Peach.

Good luck :)

Therblig
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Jan 2005, 9:53 am

Thank you Melvis.

And, theSPECTRE you are really in a fortunate situation being that close to NY I've no doubt you'll do quite well. I live in Texas so it's a tad more difficult.

Lindsey
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Jan 2005, 5:58 pm

Hey,

Try http://www.craigslist.org. There are separate sites for New York City, Baltimore, Pittsburg and Philidelphia (as well as many other places)--you can choose the city you'd like to look at on the right-hand side of the page. At least on the NYC site I know there are often open calls posted; try looking in the Community section or the Jobs section (or do a search for auditions or acting or whatever, that might be easiest).

Good luck,
Lindsey