Nursery Cryme and Selling England By The Pound by Genesis

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2018
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,657
Location: The Forests Of Ancient Britain

18 Feb 2019, 7:14 pm

I really love these albums especially Peter Gabriel's vocals. I really like the art wort that was put into both of these albums very much as well. I love that Phil Collins is actually the lead vocalist in a couple of songs before the Phil Collins era of Genesis the songs are For Absent Friends which is on Nursery Cryme and More Fool Me which is on Selling England by the pound. Tony Banks keeps the song sound amazing by his Keyboard, Piano, and Organ playing skills as with Steve Hackett and Mike Rutherford with their Guitars and Bass Guitars as well. Same can be said with the Lamb Lies Down On Broadway and that one is a really fun one to listen to in my experience of listening to Progressive Rock or music in general. I want to know what is your thought on the albums Nursery Cryme and Selling England By The Pound?



redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Apr 2012
Age: 59
Gender: Male
Posts: 13,009
Location: Seattle, WA

18 Feb 2019, 9:35 pm

^ Only 15 years old and into early Genesis! Pretty remarkable. Back in my late teens, I played in my first band. We were called Temporary Scrubs. We practiced but never played any live shows, probably because the four of us were on different wavelengths. I was into The Clash, The Pretenders and The Specials. Meredith was into The Jam. The drummer was into jazz and hard rock, and Jeremy was into early Genesis. It was because of him that I started listening to them as well as Lou Reed. Good stuff if a little challenging.



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 38,860

18 Feb 2019, 9:40 pm

I don't really know Nursery Cryme, but I still play my vinyls of Selling England and A Trick of the Tail. I just posted some songs from them a few weeks back. Early Genesis was brilliant.



Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2018
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,657
Location: The Forests Of Ancient Britain

18 Feb 2019, 9:46 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I don't really know Nursery Cryme, but I still play my vinyls of Selling England and A Trick of the Tail. I just posted some songs from them a few weeks back. Early Genesis was brilliant.

How did you create your avatar it looks really nice.



IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 38,860

18 Feb 2019, 10:02 pm

Thanks, but I didn't create it.
It's my favourite author Emily Brontë, taken from this painting by Kate O'Keefe:


Image

L-R: Sisters Charlotte, Emily and Anne with their pen names.



Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2018
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,657
Location: The Forests Of Ancient Britain

19 Feb 2019, 2:02 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Thanks, but I didn't create it.
It's my favourite author Emily Brontë, taken from this painting by Kate O'Keefe:


Image

L-R: Sisters Charlotte, Emily and Anne with their pen names.

Nice.



Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2018
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,657
Location: The Forests Of Ancient Britain

19 Feb 2019, 2:04 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Thanks, but I didn't create it.
It's my favourite author Emily Brontë, taken from this painting by Kate O'Keefe:


Image

L-R: Sisters Charlotte, Emily and Anne with their pen names.

My favorite author is Phillip K. Dick because he wrote the Man In The High Castle.



Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2018
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,657
Location: The Forests Of Ancient Britain

20 Feb 2019, 2:23 am

redrobin62 wrote:
^ Only 15 years old and into early Genesis! Pretty remarkable. Back in my late teens, I played in my first band. We were called Temporary Scrubs. We practiced but never played any live shows, probably because the four of us were on different wavelengths. I was into The Clash, The Pretenders and The Specials. Meredith was into The Jam. The drummer was into jazz and hard rock, and Jeremy was into early Genesis. It was because of him that I started listening to them as well as Lou Reed. Good stuff if a little challenging.

Nice. Do you like Genesis?



Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2018
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,657
Location: The Forests Of Ancient Britain

31 Dec 2019, 4:03 am

I love those 2 albums and listened to every single songs of those albums.



Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2018
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,657
Location: The Forests Of Ancient Britain

19 Jan 2020, 12:13 am

Those 2 are good albums I shall say so.



Dylanperr
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Jan 2018
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Posts: 2,657
Location: The Forests Of Ancient Britain

29 Jan 2021, 8:53 pm

I love the band Genesis.