Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Girlwithaspergers
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2015, 8:49 am

I've started using Frostwire to get music and I've noticed the quality isn't very good, and there aren't a lot of torrents.

Outrider
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 8:05 am

Frostwire is awful, sorry.

Have you tried Youtube to MP3?

Best way to get music imo, if you're okay with your downloads being illegal (which I'm pretty sure most of Frostwire is if I remember right)...

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2015, 9:13 am

GNUtella kind of fizzled sometime during the last three-four years. I used Limewire before Frostwire and saw pretty similar issues in both of them. Be careful, sometimes files hided malware/adware/spyware/worm/virus droppers in MP3 meta tags. Youtube MP3 rippers are nice but really only preferable if they can be built into browser extensions and/or maintaned, this is no small part of why Youtube changes their protocols, design and cache structure so often. These days I just torrent albums/discographies through good 'ole Bittorent. uTorrent has a lot of cool features but I'm a coder and I've never managed to line up all the addresses & ports! If you have an Android device, you can sideload the Pandora unlimited skips/no ads .APK (rebuilt by an independent dev) in order to pirate some paywalled streams w/o a premium account there. My old boss alleged the same thing is doable with Spotify. If any of your iDevices are jailbroken most of these options should be pretty easy to come by.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen: