Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

queensamaria
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 May 2015, 10:37 am

Hello, everyone. I want you all to know that I have watched VH1's 100 Greatest One-Hit Wonder of the 80s. And I didn't know that musicians can write a hit song and move on. So, in your own words, what are one-hit wonders to you?

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 12:03 pm

To me a one hit wonder is typically when a band has one hit and except for that one hit, we would never have heard of them.

The group Looking Glass with their song Brandy comes to mind. I went to one of their concerts once and that was the only song I recognized at all.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 6:44 pm

Often a group is dismissed as a a one-hit wonder in the USA but had multiple hits elsewhere such as Shocking Blue, Madness and Dexy's Midnight Runners.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Meistersinger
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 9:10 pm

I can think of 2 groups that were one hit wonders:

Steeler's Wheel (Stuck in the Middle with you (to make it relatable to those of us that we're ever owned by a basset hound, try Stuck in the Middle with Food.)

Blue Swede--Hooked on a Feeling (Although Kris Kristofferson recorded it first.)

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2015, 9:41 pm

I can remember a one hit wonder a group called "The Knack" who had a no.1 hit with My sharona they never had another hit again.

Harpo was another one with "Movie star" he did have another song but it failed he was never heard of again.