"RE:" need help with headphones??? - video

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Mar 2012, 11:55 am

hi right, i seen on a autism video these "odinary" headphones, i realy realy like how they look! ....one problem... ive spent weeks searching the internet trying to find them!! !! !! !! !!
there is a autistic boy that wears them in videos (jamie) , i went trough every video and this is the video where you can see the headphones the most , could you help me by telling me the brand name, what the make is, how i can find some, if you have a picture please post your picture of these headphones ! ! i am mostly interested in the red looking headphones

i asked the person who uploaded the videos where they got them from and all i got told was "that you can buy them at big 5 sporting goods or sports authority" i can only acces those by websites, because they are USA places. i searched all over the websites for hours and i cant find any headphones like in picture .

HERE IS THE VIDEO - in the video you see the autistic adult wearing the headphones i am talking about. if you look at the related videos you might see other footage showing the headphones by the user to. but this is the one that shows the headphones most clearley (and the boy and his autism.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D8Y0wM- ... re=related

sorry if this was "ment" to be posted somwhere else on the site, i dont realy understand fourms.

kg4fxg
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Mar 2012, 12:19 pm

Try to Google Noise Canceling Headphones for kids with Autism. It appears they help with overload (sensory stimulation). I get this in my search. http://www.quietheadphones.com/
Still Looking.

BTW,
In Temple Grandin's book she warns about wearing ear plugs too long. It make your ears more sensitive to noise when you take them out hence one should not wear ear plugs longer than half a day or so.

Bill

arko5
Raven
Raven

05 Mar 2012, 1:06 pm

Are these the ones you're looking for?

http://www.radians.com/main/p-231-radia ... titor.aspx

(I know they're not headphones but it's the closest I could find)

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Mar 2012, 1:09 pm

kg4fxg wrote:
Try to Google Noise Canceling Headphones for kids with Autism. It appears they help with overload (sensory stimulation). I get this in my search. http://www.quietheadphones.com/
Still Looking.

BTW,
In Temple Grandin's book she warns about wearing ear plugs too long. It make your ears more sensitive to noise when you take them out hence one should not wear ear plugs longer than half a day or so.

Bill

thanks, altoght the link isnt exactly what im looking for, and ive googled that, and many variations of that for hours. and i know thats why im trying to find some like the brand in the video, 1 because they work good, 2 i love and i mean love how they look. i want ones exactly like them. the only information i could get was "that you can get them at big 5 sporting goods or sports authority, which are USA places, i can only acces those by webiste, and i searched the website for hours and couldnt find anything the same .

nintendofan
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Mar 2012, 1:12 pm

arko5 wrote:
Are these the ones you're looking for?

http://www.radians.com/main/p-231-radia ... titor.aspx

(I know they're not headphones but it's the closest I could find)

wow! no but they are very simalar!
the ones in the video looked just like that execpt they were music headphones, the metal part isnt quite like that, and they have what i think says "big 5" engraved on them.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 1:51 pm

Nintendofan: You would do better to place questions like these in the Computers, Math, Science, and Technology forum. One of your similar threads has already been moved there.

This forum is for Autism topics. :wink:

(This one will most likely be moved shortly too.)

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2012, 1:56 pm

moved from General Autism Discussion to Art, Writing and Music