Aspie authors writing social interaction

Page 3 of 45 [ 714 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 45  Next

squier
Veteran
Veteran

23 Nov 2006, 12:28 pm

KBABZ wrote:
Well, to save space, I guess it would help, because this would be used as the feedback area. But for small bits, I guess it'd be okay.

Oh, and you're joking on what you said about your Mom, right? Right? God, it's so cool it hard to believe.

Here's my DeviantART gallery, which has the drawings of my story (and other such things) that I'd like to share with people. As it's related to my story, I guess it's okay to show you, right?

http://kbabz.deviantart.com/gallery

It also has my WP Drawings in it!

WOW!! !! ! yor awsome at drawing. i am okay at it, here is one of my pics. i could never draw cartoons like that. mine are more of what i see infront of me, not what i see in my head... anyway here is one of my drawings, i used this one in my 'through my eyes' manuscript:

oh! i just remembered, i wanted to share this poem i wrote, tell me what you think:
THE FUTURE

in my brain
there is alot.
files of memories,
files of thought.

for each idea,
there is a door.
of which each day,
i open more and more.

but every day,
i dread and dread.
the day i open,
the door of red.

the door that lacks
a cozy room
of which a theory
will always loom.

the door that hides
a hallway, new.
the doors in there,
are futures, soon.

i smile each day,
for the door is locked,
but every day,
closer, i walk.

every day,
i yell at me
the reason is:
i kept the key

but now i see
why it stays
if it didn't
there would be no future days.

the reason the door
is what i hate,
is because something there
holds my fate.

(imagine saying that in one breath!)

my book:
http://www.lulu.com/content/710903

aleclair
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Nov 2006, 5:23 pm

Squier, I guess that you are very proud of that poem; I think this is your 3rd posting of it on WP. I don't know, but it certainly looks familiar.

I like the title "Behind Brick Walls" - it hints at some sort of isolation.

I'll post something of mine tonight/tomorrow...

AngelUndercover
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Dec 2006, 5:38 pm

I don't have a lot of trouble with dialogue (though I tend to think my dialogue flows better than it actually does); what I have a problem with is the "show, don't tell" rule. You know, how - for example - you're not supposed to say "He spoke angrily," you're supposed to instead show what he's doing that will let the reader know he's angry. When I'm stumped, I sometimes ask my boyfriend for help; he doesn't mind me asking him things like "What does righteous indignation look like?"

Claradoon wrote:
I'm in a writing group online - they say we gotta schmooze to get published. I can't schmooze, for heaven's sake, I'm face-blind!

What to do, what to do? 8O

I don't know about before getting published, but most of the writers I've talked to say self-promotion is very important after you get published. This is why, when/if I get my novels published, I plan to do a lot of online promotion. Online there's no body language to deal with, and I don't have to remember people's faces (I do all right at recognizing people as long as they keep the same hairstyle, but god help me if they change it). If I had to do a lot of face-to-face stuff, I don't know how I'd be able to write any future books; I'd be too busy trying not to collapse in a heap.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Dec 2006, 2:55 am

Wow, I just resurfaced after a total obsession with making a website (since you ask, www.ptsd.net :lol: )

Where were we? Writing, where is your writing? I was going to read it, then I got hijacked by this other thing.

Re publishing, I've sent out so many things - I don't even get rejection, just silence. :(

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

04 Dec 2006, 3:38 am

Well, Claradoon, you could check out my story for starters! Enjoy!

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Dec 2006, 3:58 am

Great! but KBABZ, where is it? (sorry but I've been away) :oops:

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2006, 5:12 am

*gives Claradoon a trophy for spelling my username right*
*updates sig*

In a way
We all go there

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

04 Dec 2006, 10:31 am

love the trophy!
:star:
i worked very hard at getting your name right. :D
is there a story behind the name?

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2006, 12:48 pm

Claradoon wrote:
love the trophy!
:star:
i worked very hard at getting your name right. :D
is there a story behind the name?

Yes, actually, and it's to do with my own story! (gosh, I love telling this story to people :D)
Okay, backtrack about a year ago and you'll find that my story wasn't named Outcast like it is today. Nor was it nameed Orphan, which got changed due to another franchise already named that. It was just called Koise, Booger and Zoe. Before it was just called Koise and Booger, but I kept adding in new main characters, to where it got to the point that it would've been called 'Koise, Booger, Zoe, Aiko, Bob, Clarrissa and Marilyn' if I kept the same style to this day! So, I needed a shorter name. I decided to see if I could make an acronym of it (or those fancy names like OASIS and CAN and NASA), and I found I could! I did it like this:

Koise
Booger
Aiko
Bob
Zoe

And so that was the name! I discarded it later because it didn't exactly match the theme of my story (it gets dark and moody by Section/book II), so I changed it to Orphan because the two main characters didn't have any living relatives left, but I changed it to Outcast because a lot of the time the main characters are isolated from society and, more often, the law (and just recently after discovering AS it's gotten an ironic second meaning to it as well!).

Then, about half a year later, I was going to join a board called GameFAQs, and needed a username. The Dirty Dutchman, my old school nickname, was too long, and my personal nickname, (:|3!.@[\]l{:) used symbols (it's BLaNK in symbols!). So, I used the old and now discarded name for my story, KBABZ! I got banned from the board three months later (it's a long story, go to General Autism Discussion and into the "Multiple Identities" thread for more info), but when I joined WP, I decided to use the same name! Now, I use it nearly everywhere, from Online Games (if I get to play them) to artwork signatures!

In a way
We all go there

hpunch
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Dec 2006, 9:04 pm

Last weekend, I read The Call of Ctulthu and some other short stories by H.P. Lovecraft, a renown horror story author whose works had a major impact on the writing of many modern science fiction writers. I noticed that he rarely used quotation marks. Maybe Aspie authors could, in kind, simply forgo the normal template for fictional conversations.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Dec 2006, 6:02 am

Re using a pen name: that would work on paper but not at the bank. And humble beginners shouldn't be "special", y'know what I mean?

However! The name that I've been using is not my name. I just looked at my birth certificate. My name is not Claradoon. it's Pat Clardoon. so i can get a new social security card with my whole real name, and use Pat for writing.

I hope.
:)

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Dec 2006, 6:06 am

Hello SCIENCE FICTION WRITERS!

I just found out that Analog Science Fiction is seeking stories!

http://www.writersweekly.com/markets_an ... 62006.html

Write on!
8)

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Dec 2006, 6:12 am

Do you get writing newsletters? I get

Writers Weekly
http://www.writersweekly.com

Writers Digest
http://writersdigest.com/

Writing World
http://www.writing-world.com

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

08 Dec 2006, 6:14 am

KBABZ, got it! I just realized your name looks kind of cool, almost like an acronym (that's the forward/backward thing, yes?) but not quite. It's actually got a design. Are you a design person?

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2006, 6:27 am

Well, I do like to put meaning into my designs (mention of that word means yes!). The title of my story, Outcast, has meaning because it reflects the way the main characters live, especially from Section II. Another one is Kipo's last name, Lamron (it's got to do with normaL :wink:). If I were to list all the design things in and around the place I could go on all night!

With the acronym, I also realised recently you can form a Z with the K if you re-arrange the lines used in Z (tilt the longest line till it's vertical, and have the two shortest lines form a v pointing to the left, and have that touching the vertical line you made earlier. Cool, eh?).

In a way
We all go there

squier
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2006, 12:29 pm

i just had an idea for a scifi book! tell me what you think: (and don't even think about trying to steal my idea, i can report you for inapropiate behaviour)

according to einstein's theory, E=mc2, where light is the constant ( the c2, or c squared ) if you were to travel any faster than the speed of light, you would literally disintegrate, but if you were to replace light with time, then time travel would be possible, but the government immediately (or almost) put a law on the invention, stating you would need a lisence to "travel" time, because they were afraid that the traveling would effect the timeline, and ultimately, destroying all existance of life, even though they knew that if time were to be changed in the past, then the effects were to have already happened, anyway, legally, you can return someone to life by going to the past with a liscence and saving them if they have a lisence and the person did not die of natural causes, but once these people have been brought back, they are still legally dead, so there rights are not very well established, and they are not equal to those who are yet to die, the book is about a boy named Zamion, who wants to be a time-rider, or someone who travels time to save someone's life, gets this job (he is around, 19, or something) and discovers the rights of the legally dead are not well established, because it is a sort of secret, becomes a sort of activist for the legally dead...

i am still not sure about the title yet, i am thinking either "knight of the legal dead" or just "legally dead"... tell me what you think....

my book:
http://www.lulu.com/content/710903