Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2012, 8:35 am

I need a hypnotist
to help me forget about the things I missed
and all the fun that I'll never have.
The future's gonna be just like the present
Won't be great but it won't be too unpleasant
And soon I'll be too old and tired to care.

Chorus:
This is the song of the misanthrope.
I'll just sit at home and smoke my dope,
close the curtains and give up hope.
That's how I cope.

I need a hypnotist
to help me find that ignorant bliss
that comes from knowing that I'm never wrong.
I won't get bored safe and smug behind my door
Don't have any friends but I don't want any more
'cause people are nasty and selfish anyway.

(chorus)

Last edited by Mindsigh on 16 Jul 2012, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

questor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2012, 12:16 pm

I hear where you are coming from and share some of your issues, but no offence, but man, your post is a real downer. :( I can't seek escape in illegal drugs, because I was too smart for my own good growing up. I read stuff about both legal and illegal drugs, and still do, so I know how bad all that stuff is. The illegal stuff doesn't help, and neither do many of the legal ones, either. All they do is make things worse.

My life is not great, but I have developed coping methods. In the hope of helping you I will be happy to share them with you. See below:

- Exercise. It generates mood boosting endorphins.

- Read funny stories and watch funny shows. Humor also generates endorphins.

- Eat healthy, and enough of it. A healthier diet will boost your immune system and is also good for your mind. Skimping on amount of food leads to depression, crankiness, and being more prone to get sick.

- Get enough rest. Being tired leads to depression, crankiness, and being more prone to get sick, too.

- Listen to and/or play music. This is mood boosting.

- Take courses, either in person, or online. Some of the online ones are free. The in person ones are a good way to meet people.

- Volunteer. There are people worse off than we are, who would really appreciate the help. It's also a good way to meet people, and boost your self image and mood.

- Take up a hobby or join a club. These are good ways to meet people who share your interests.

- Get involved in community activities. Attend town meetings, events at local libraries and other local organizations. Attend local sporting events, fairs, and art shows. Attend and/or participate in local theater groups. Attend events held at local houses of worship. These are all great ways to meet people and boost your self image and mood.

- Employment/or self employment. Great way to meet people, boost self image, put money in your wallet, gain experience. Since you have been having trouble finding work as an employee, perhaps you should consider self employment. There are many types to choose from.

>> Lawn mowing/yard work/gardening.
>> House cleaning.
>> Errand/shopping service.
>> Wait for service people, so the home owner/renter doesn't have to take time off from work.
>> House/pet sitting.
>> House chores for the elderly/disabled.
>> Handyman.
>> Tutor.
>> Computer maintenance/repair.
>> Website design.
>> Other website based businesses.
>> Paint houses indoor/outdoor.

There are many other self employment opportunities. Your local libraries will have books with lists and descriptions of them, so look into it.

Now, go and do something, and good luck! :D

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2012, 1:17 pm

That was just a silly little song I made up about myself one day after I realised I'd been kinda whiny. It was supposed to be funny. :oops: Sorry I bummed you out.

I just said the thing about dope for a rhyme.
Not that I have anything against getting high every once in a while, but there's things you can't/shouldn't do when you're high, like driving and knitting, etc., that I like to be able to do to do.