Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

slave
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 9:10 pm

I have enjoyed Mongolian music for some time. I suspect most will not like it, but on the off chance that someone might, I post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHjiWgjeQjM

His musicianship is also excellent, imo. This is a well known national classic called "Alsiin gazriin zereglee" "Mirage of a far away land"

Since the birth of civilization, small sets of dominant individuals have controlled the numerical majority. Even a cursory reading of world history will substantiate this claim. Kings, Pharaohs, Emperors, Sultans, Czars, and Dictators have imposed their will upon their subjects. This pattern has not changed over the millennia and it remains so, today. Our Masters rule over every nation and no one can defy them. They will attain Absolute Power as we reach the Singularity. All those who oppose their will, will be destroyed. Given the obvious futility, I will not resist. 2+2=5.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2015, 10:18 pm

The ending is really impressive! Throat singing has been something I've wanted to learn for a while. An uncle of mine visited Mongolia on an entomology sabbatical as I recall, from what I've heard & seen it's an amazing place. Khanate history also intrigues me...

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Jules_Bonnot_1912
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2015, 11:47 pm

Ever seen this movie? I love it!

slave
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2015, 4:42 am

cberg wrote:
The ending is really impressive! Throat singing has been something I've wanted to learn for a while. An uncle of mine visited Mongolia on an entomology sabbatical as I recall, from what I've heard & seen it's an amazing place. Khanate history also intrigues me...

I agree!

Since the birth of civilization, small sets of dominant individuals have controlled the numerical majority. Even a cursory reading of world history will substantiate this claim. Kings, Pharaohs, Emperors, Sultans, Czars, and Dictators have imposed their will upon their subjects. This pattern has not changed over the millennia and it remains so, today. Our Masters rule over every nation and no one can defy them. They will attain Absolute Power as we reach the Singularity. All those who oppose their will, will be destroyed. Given the obvious futility, I will not resist. 2+2=5.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2015, 4:44 am

Jules_Bonnot_1912 wrote:
Ever seen this movie? I love it!

I loved it too(just watched it)!
Thanks for posting this!