Do you consider metalheads to be friendly people in general?

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 5:17 pm

Compared to other extreme subcultures?

Aharon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 5:28 pm

I think every subculture has its share of all kinds.

We are not so different from potted plants in that, if given everything we need to be properly nourished, the outcome can be incredibly contrary to when we are not. A flower won't grow in flour, and neither can we.

thewrll
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 5:28 pm

From the people I have known, yes. Just around certain people, don't like certain genres. Such as nu metal, hair metal, punk, and grunge.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 5:30 pm

I'm a MallGoth and I don't consider myself extreme or unfriendly at all. I'm actually very nice(or at least I think so)to people. Some people can be jerks. They think all because you're part of a subculture you can rub it in people's faces. I've learned the more you talk about your subculture the more people who aren't a part of it will think it's a "phase". Also, there is no age limit on subcultures. I'll be the same way I am right now forever 8O

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 5:36 pm

In the very least they certainly aren't mean.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2012, 5:58 pm

I think they're pretty nice. When I was in college I was into punk. At heart, I'm still a punker. I also got into metal a big way. So far, I've seen KISS, Judas Priest, System Of A Down, Blue Oyste Cult, the Plasmatics, Iron Maiden and Zebra live. All good shows, all positive audiences.

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 9:05 am

The real metalheads that I've met (Classic/True death/Black/Doom) have been alright, mostly cool down to earth people. They've given me free tix a lot of time to their local shows. There's always going to be asshats in every group, but I don't let those people effect my opinion. I've met ton of hip/trend following hot topic people who claim to be metalheads, and they are just painful to interact with in most of my experiences. Usually they are snobby, spoiled little brats, with bad taste.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 9:29 am

Pondering wrote:
The real metalheads that I've met (Classic/True death/Black/Doom) have been alright, mostly cool down to earth people. They've given me free tix a lot of time to their local shows. There's always going to be asshats in every group, but I don't let those people effect my opinion. I've met ton of hip/trend following hot topic people who claim to be metalheads, and they are just painful to interact with in most of my experiences. Usually they are snobby, spoiled little brats, with bad taste.

Us MallGoths come in my shapes, sizes, personalities and families(my mom actually encourages the way I dress). But you are correct in a way. There are snobs and brats wherever you go. I don't just lurk around other MallGoths. There aren't really many where I live. I'm friends with many different people.

And I listen to other things other than Metal. Not Lady Gaga and One Direction but music that is listened to people of my subcultures. Yup, I'm pretty chill.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 1:21 pm

Well I am a metalhead among other things and I tend to be pretty accepting of people and such......though sometimes others are not so accepting of me, I don't really have that issue so much with metalheads its more the normal people.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 1:31 pm

Pondering wrote:

They give the real metalheads a bad name, all these stupid hot topic hipsters who have no idea on metal's vast history are usually the ones you have to watch out for.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 1:33 pm

LexingtonDeville wrote:
Pondering wrote:

They give the real metalheads a bad name, all these stupid hot topic hipsters who have no idea on metal's vast history are usually the ones you have to watch out for.

Just when I thought I had figured out what exactly the term hipster refers to.....I have been thrown into confusion again :?

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 1:38 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
LexingtonDeville wrote:
Pondering wrote:

Just when I thought I had figured out what exactly the term hipster refers to.....I have been thrown into confusion again :?

Hipster is a term used to describe trend-following kids who wear metal t-shirts but don't know the band.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 2:03 pm

LexingtonDeville wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
LexingtonDeville wrote:
Pondering wrote:

Hipster is a term used to describe trend-following kids who wear metal t-shirts but don't know the band.

I thought those were called posers.....and the whole Hipster thing was like a subculture kinda based on old school type things and that newer music that sounds a lot like psychedelic rock. But maybe there are different uses for the word it just seems most of what I've seen points to that description more or less.

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 2:21 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
LexingtonDeville wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
LexingtonDeville wrote:
Pondering wrote:

I thought those were called posers.....and the whole Hipster thing was like a subculture kinda based on old school type things and that newer music that sounds a lot like psychedelic rock. But maybe there are different uses for the word it just seems most of what I've seen points to that description more or less.

I think it must be one or the other...

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 2:29 pm

LexingtonDeville wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
LexingtonDeville wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
LexingtonDeville wrote:
Pondering wrote:

I think it must be one or the other...

Hipsters like Indie Rock and wear obnoxious glasses.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2012, 3:02 pm

Ganondox wrote:

Hipsters like Indie Rock and wear obnoxious glasses.

Yes I've heard that as well, not sure which one it is or if it's a mixture of both...or if the hipsters just expanded to the vinyls and psychedelic rock when the indie rock started getting repetitive. :lol: