Is Naruto's Manga better than the Anime?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

BlueElephantKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Nov 2012, 6:54 pm

My older brother bought me a manga with the fist three volumes of Naruto. I'm on the third volume and I have to say, it's actually pretty good. I was into the anime for a little while when it was on Toonami, but got bored of it after awhile. I'm aware that Naruto has a lot of filler episodes, is it like that in the manga too?

The_Postmaster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Nov 2012, 7:03 pm

If I remember correctly the manga does away with fillers entirely. I suspect that was what drove away a lot of the people who watched the anime.

KaminariNoKage
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

16 Nov 2012, 2:56 am

Manga in general are the original. Anime are based off the manga, but is produced faster. Naruto is very popular, so the anime needs to keep on going. Hence there is a need for fillers (I call these "legal fan-fic") and extending the episodes as long as possible for time constraints (meaning it gets boring and things take forever).

BlueElephantKing
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Nov 2012, 6:48 am

KaminariNoKage wrote:
Manga in general are the original. Anime are based off the manga, but is produced faster. Naruto is very popular, so the anime needs to keep on going. Hence there is a need for fillers (I call these "legal fan-fic") and extending the episodes as long as possible for time constraints (meaning it gets boring and things take forever).

Oh, now I see, thank you.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

16 Nov 2012, 12:40 pm

I didn't really get into the anime. I love the manga, though.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2012, 9:51 pm

I've already read 104 chapters. That's about Episode 62. No filler plots, scenes, nor arcs and I'm still reading. :D

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.