Musicians/singers/artist that you hate and blacklist

Page 2 of 4 [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 9:25 am

Zokk wrote:
Most heavy metal subgenres (doom, black, sludge, grindcore, metalcore, cybergrind, etc.)

Not all heavy metal sub-genres are bad, i'm partial to the occasional helping of black, doom and sludge, but the only grindcore i can tolerate is Napalm Death and Pig Destroyer. Most of those you've blacklisted is the extreme side.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 11:10 am

Uh, Guns and Roses, Ted Nugent and Toby Keith.

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 12:54 pm

Ganondox wrote:
That's not most heavy metal subgenres, just extreme metal.

LexingtonDeville wrote:
Most of those you've blacklisted is the extreme side.

Yeah, I guess I should've put 'extreme' heavy metal, actually.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2012, 7:56 pm

Justin Bieber, most country singers, and that's about it for now.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2012, 11:57 am

Brokencyde
Dot Dot Curve
Hollywood Undead without Deuce
Osaka Popstar
Angelspit

There's more to be announced...

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Aquasign
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Nov 2012, 7:07 am

I enjoy most types of music.
I like metal the most. But I don't get the screaming vocals ???
I guess it makes the cleans sound better

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 9:20 am

Let's see, the two people on the radio I heard and hate most... Nicki Minaj and Pitbull. Nicki Minaj just is terrible, and all Pitbull does is steal an existing Spanish song and talk gibberish over it. Other people on the radio I can sometimes think of one song they made in their career that I find listenable, but these two people I find no redeeming value in. Oh, and I forgot LMFAO. Hate LMFAO. LMFAO is just very dumb music. Everytime I hear an LMFAO song it just grates on me very much.

Oh, for rock, maybe Nickelback. Yeah...

As far as genres, most rap/R&B meant for mass consumption made post 2000.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 12:18 pm

Any music that is solely for business purposes. The word 'artist' implies that there is art involved, and art cannot be forced. Justin Bieber isn't so bad. His style isn't for me, but he isn't like Nicki Minaj, or Rihanna, or most rappers. Rap is supposed to have a message larger than just the artist. Public Enemy, Tupac, Eminem to a lesser extent, they are OK. Pure self-glorification is pure crap. Some hair metal can be catchy, but most of it is about sex, drugs, and fame. So artists like Taylor Swift, Avril Lavigne, Pitbull, any artist who takes himself or herself too seriously. It's just music, not a social movement. Music itself does not count as a social movement. One Direction is gay like Bieber, but at least they have fun with it. Being a musician is NOT A CAREER. It is a temporary job.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 2:16 pm

Mindslave wrote:
Being a musician is NOT A CAREER. It is a temporary job.

What if you're a composer or an opera singer or something? Composers especially. People like Ryuichi Sakamoto are no longer "famous" anymore per se, but still come out with albums quite often and probably make enough from their stuff to pay their bills.

Zokk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2012, 2:47 pm

Mindslave wrote:
Being a musician is NOT A CAREER. It is a temporary job.

Tell that to Klayton of Celldweller. The guy's been making music since the early 90s, and pretty much lives and breaths his work, as far as anyone can tell. And he makes a damn lot of money from it, too. Count up the number of movie and video game trailers and TV shows that have used his music, and you'll see what I mean. He also makes enough money from his music to have started his own independent record label, which he owns and co-operates with his manager. The way he talks about it in interviews, music is his career; running the record label is his side-job.

DeathRap4Life
Butterfly
Butterfly

19 Nov 2012, 8:04 pm

any kind of reggaeton like daddy yankee, ivy queen, franco el gorila, wisin & yandel and other jerks..

Wandering_Stranger
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2012, 11:15 am

I don't know any songs by half the "singers" mentioned in this thread.

Green Day
S Club 7
Steps
Nickleback

AProudHillbilly
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Nov 2012, 11:23 am

Lady Gaga
Ke$ha
Bieber
Toby Keith
Nicki Minaj
Most rap artists
Etc.

I accept PMs from females only. Sorry. Personal convictions.

OMGitsKenny
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2012, 1:03 pm

I'm very open about music, but there are some artists I wouldn't mind dropping off the face of the planet:

Nickelback (The cornerstone of overplayed mediocre music)
Scott Stapp (You're not Eddie Vedder, and you'll never be)
Nicki Minaj (You're like Lil Kim, but much worse)
Justin Bieber (Just a punk ass)
Dragonforce (Remember that one song that was catchy and everyone liked? Neither do I.)
Soulja Boy (his scientific name is Progressicus Suckilis)

Axl Rose (I get that you're a bit bipolar, but good god retire already! No one gives a damn about. GnR; Slash and Myles Kennedy outclass your old ass.)

Metallica (See Axl Rose, minus the whole slash thing, and bipolar thing.)

I'll add more when I think of more

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2012, 1:09 pm

Mindslave wrote:
Any music that is solely for business purposes. The word 'artist' implies that there is art involved, and art cannot be forced. Justin Bieber isn't so bad. His style isn't for me, but he isn't like Nicki Minaj, or Rihanna, or most rappers. Rap is supposed to have a message larger than just the artist. Public Enemy, Tupac, Eminem to a lesser extent, they are OK. Pure self-glorification is pure crap. Some hair metal can be catchy, but most of it is about sex, drugs, and fame. So artists like Taylor Swift, Avril Lavigne, Pitbull, any artist who takes himself or herself too seriously. It's just music, not a social movement. Music itself does not count as a social movement. One Direction is gay like Bieber, but at least they have fun with it. Being a musician is NOT A CAREER. It is a temporary job.

Do you know any artists that aren't overly popular? Next thing you'll say what you think about Lady Gaga.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2012, 9:33 am

Bun wrote:
Mindslave wrote:

Do you know any artists that aren't overly popular? Next thing you'll say what you think about Lady Gaga.

The question here is "any musicians or singers or artists I hate that I blacklist" and my answer was music that is solely for business, as in commercial art strictly for sale. Yes, I know of artists that aren't overly popular, but I used popular artists to illustrate my point. (I'm obviously not very good at making points) The last sentence came out wrong; I just mean that you can't be the hot new guy in town forever, and that it's not all about the money and the fame. As Zokk mentioned, Klayton is a career artist. He's one of my favorites, and has been for a while. If someone loves what they do, it shows, often in the form of iambic pentameter. And then, of course, there are traveling musicians, like my best friend and his wife. A studio isn't always required, and in fact it must not be a requirement.