Anyone going to see Peter Gabriel in London Oct 2013?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Jan 2013, 6:18 am

I'm flying over from Alaska to see Peter Gabriel in London, with stops in Paris, and Amsterdam. Wondering if anyone else was going?

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2013, 3:15 pm

Unfortunately, you're the only person on WP with that kind of money to spend globe hopping. If Peter Gabriel comes to Seattle I'd go see him.

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Jan 2013, 7:42 am

I don't really have that much money,
I'm just a fine dining server in Alaska, got it all for less than $2650.00 USD by booking 6 months in advance.
Besides, if ya wanna see anyone really good and you live in Alaska, you pretty much HAVE to fly to the concert, cause they aren't coming to Anchorage anytime soon :(
You just save that PFD check we get every year for a couple years, and off you go.

If only closed minds came with closed mouths. Lau: "But where would they put their feet?" Postpaleo: "Up their ass."

BeauZa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jan 2013, 8:03 am

I didn't think he was still working! I mean, how long ago did Sledgehammer get on the radio? A very long time ago! Before I was born, I think.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2013, 5:53 pm

I'd go see PG even if he was only playing the songs from Car, Melt or Scratch, but not for $2650!

reika
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

19 Jan 2013, 7:45 pm

It's worth every cent to me, I had to fly to Atlanta to see Paul Simon.
And I've already seen Peter Gabriel once before when I lived in Sacramento. ( The Secret World Tour) But like Paul Simon, he is getting older and won't be on tour forever. Besides, I'm completely "smitten with the Brits"
So...I'm gonna do what ever it takes to see as much as I can of everyone,and try to do everything I truly desire to do now. or asap at the very least.
Now please don't think I'm seeking pity or anything here, I'm just going to mention this because it is what altered my fundamental belief system and taught me in an nanosecond, what REALLY matters in this life. The murder of my eldest child, at the age of 19 taught me that "Poof" just as fast as that......it could all be over and you'll never do anything that you always said you were gonna do.
So.......Money isn't what I'm going to be thinking about.
And for that I get my flight, to and from Alaska which is a small fortune alone, 4 nights in Paris, 3 in Amsterdam, 1 in Salisbury (Stonehenge on her Birhtday) & 6 in London plus PG at the O2 Arena, I think I got my money's worth, didn't I?
In the back of my mind I've always remembered the line from Simon and &Garfunkels "Bookends/Old Friends" since I was a child.
But I learned the hard way, that they were right..."Hold fast your memories, they're all that's left you."
And Yes BeauZa, it proably was before you were born....which is why I feel the clock ticking, and am taking this opportunity while I have it. LOVE Sheldon btw