Slipknot 42%  42%  [ 5 ]
Mushroomhead 25%  25%  [ 3 ]
Mudvayne 33%  33%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 12

Deathklaat
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2008, 3:52 pm

Which band do you think is the best of these three? If you vote, try to explain your answer.

dalhousie12
Veteran
Veteran

Location: A frozen baron wasteland, me and my friend tuk have to watch out for flying frozen hockey pucks Eh!

07 Jan 2008, 4:17 pm

I like Mudvayne the best, they have a great sound and their bass quitarist is pretty good. Their one of the few metal bands that has a more distuginshed and recongizable bass guitar sound to them.

beau99
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2008, 8:12 pm

Not a fan of either; though I respect Corey Taylor and James Root as musicians. So I'll go with Slipknot.

Twitter: http://twitter.com/agenderstar

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2008, 7:25 am

Mushroomhead had the gimmick first, but I definitely think Slipknot are the better band all round.

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2008, 12:36 pm

JohnHopkins wrote:
Mushroomhead had the gimmick first, but I definitely think Slipknot are the better band all round.

Yeah ditto.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 1:50 am

I prefer old Mushroomhead--their "XX" album. I just find them a lot more interesting than Slipknot. They have more complex song structures, a generally more complex sound, and more going on than just "ARRRRGH I HATE EVERYTHING AND EVERYTHING HATES ME!" XD I know that's a gross oversimplification, but Mushroomhead isn't as monotonous, I mean. They have more variety...I can generally respect them more in terms of real creativity. And yeah, I'd say that even if they came after Slipknot. I'm not one of those people who thinks Slipknot ripped Mushroomhead off. I just mean that Mushroomhead's more interesting and experimental to my ears, whereas Slipknot isn't as daring and thus are more popular.

That said, I'm also a fan of Slipknot's self-titled album. It's just fun and relentless and intense and probably more emotionally effective than Mushroomhead.

In both cases I find their second studio albums to be fairly mixed bags, and their third studio albums to both be mostly bad with only a few good songs--in Slipknot's case, "The Virus of Life" is great but that's about it.

As for Mudvayne, I just never got into them, partly because I never heard any songs by them that had synth. I don't like pure intense metal, I like it to be combined with other elements.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

11 Jan 2008, 3:38 am

Slipknot.

My reason...it's the only band that i've listened to out of the three. :lol:

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 6:14 am

See, I disagree, I think that Slipknot's third album is their best, and it's that which clinched it for me. It shows a lot more variety than their previous work and proves they're a more multi-faceted band than the hype would suggest. Mushroomhead are a great band, without doubt, though.

the_incident
Raven
Raven

11 Jan 2008, 2:58 pm

I'm not trying to be "that guy" but I like Mr. Bungle the most. They also had a similar gimmick at least as early as 1990.

Their first album changed my life.

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 6:57 pm

Mate, you just won the thread.

f**k that, you just won at LIFE.

Mr. Bungle FTW.

Hell, Mike Patton FTW.

the_incident
Raven
Raven

11 Jan 2008, 11:25 pm

JohnHopkins wrote:
Mate, you just won the thread.

f**k that, you just won at LIFE.

Mr. Bungle FTW.

Hell, Mike Patton FTW.

Haha, thanks!

I do like some Slipknot and Mudvayne, too. I've never heard Mushroomhead though.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2008, 11:35 pm

Mushroomhead, just because they're hometown favorites and they were here forever before they blew up (if they ever really did).

yvaN_ehT_nioJ
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 12:06 am

I've never heard Mushroomhead or Mudvayne.

However, I've heard Slipknot. I'm not going to vote though because my view is biased.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

12 Jan 2008, 9:50 am

Deathklaat wrote:
Which band do you think is the best of these three?
out of those choices i'd say slipknot but they all pretty much suck. none of those bands are deathmetal by the way, its called suckmetal :wink:

JohnHopkins
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2008, 12:56 pm

And who was it that claimed they were death metal before you mentioned it?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

13 Jan 2008, 2:59 pm

nobody. i just felt like mentioning it because most kids these days think slipknot is deathmetal, and joey jordison is the greatest drummer eva :zzz: