Page 5 of 296 [ 4735 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 296  Next

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 9:36 pm

Dr. Gotts "No Flour/No Sugar" Diet," Dr. Peter H. Gott

MsTriste
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2007, 9:52 pm

Still reading Trollope. It's really getting good now (page 385). I'm really learning quite a bit about how people should behave towards one another (according to a Victorian Brit).

agent79
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2007, 10:54 am

Seven Types of Ambiguity by Elliot Perlman

On page 252 and I'm completely absorbed.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2007, 8:57 pm

The local bookstore is getting "the damnation game" for me, it's by Clive Barker. I should be able to read it when school is done in a few weeks. It looks f***ing badass :twisted: but right now I am reading a crappy book about Navajo history trying to write a paper on it. :cry:

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

26 Mar 2007, 9:14 pm

Space wrote:
The local bookstore is getting "the damnation game" for me, it's by Clive Barker. I should be able to read it when school is done in a few weeks. It looks f***ing badass :twisted: but right now I am reading a crappy book about Navajo history trying to write a paper on it. :cry:

I read The Damnation Game a long time ago and you're in for a treat - it is most certainly f***ing badass. :D

I'm reading According to Queeney by Beryl Bainbridge. So far it's a tad dull. Also I'm reading The Tao of Physics which is so exciting I got hives and had to stop.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2007, 9:46 pm

I'm 1/2-way through The Night Listener by Armistead Maupin, not sure if that's his real name though. I really want to rent the movie!

I'm also reading The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon by Stephen King for OPB Radio, need to finish recording the rest of the book.

Still Need to Read:
The Man in my Basement by Walter Mosley
Saturday by Ian McEwan
Enduring Love by Ian McEwan
Exit A by Anthony Swofford

T-rav20
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 7:47 am

Just finished Point of impact by Stephen Hunter; It was a pleasant change to read a thriller about firearms by someone who knows about firearms.

The following statement is True, the preceding statement was False.

I'm A PINEY from my head down to my HINEY.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2007, 9:56 pm

The Perfect Mile, Neil Bascomb
The Four Minute Mile, Roger Bannister

paulsinnerchild
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 1:51 am

This book here, but I think it is a load of rubbish. I don't know why I am still bothering to read it really. I guess it is because the kid in it reminds me of my childhood; just the tantrums and the playroom scenes. It is rubbish because the author seams to placing the blame on his parents for his condition but it smacks to me of the old refrigerator mother theory.

StitchwitchD
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Mar 2007, 3:55 am

I'm currently reading A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore, Earth: An Intimate History by Richard Fortey, and Born to Kvetch (which I don't have handy and can't remember the author's name).

I recently finished Gods and Pawns by Kage Baker (which went way too fast, and left me craving more, so I'm thinking about going back and re-re-reading all the Company books, but the first time is really the best), and Trilobite! by Richard Fortey.

Most days, I read Dinosaurumpus by Tony Mitton, Punk Farm (I can't remember the writer's name and the book is in the kids' room), and How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight? by Jane Yolen. I have them all memorized, as does my 4 year old, but we have to read them anyways.

I've also got a couple books on knitting checked out, and a couple books on Asperger's, but I mostly flip through those.

btownBZ
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Mar 2007, 4:36 am

clive barker is one of my favorite authors. i just started this book, so i'm only about 20 pages into it, but i would recommend 2 of his other novels, Weaveworld and The Abarat. very interesting if you like fantasy-type books. but i would put clive barker in his own genre. he is amazing.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2007, 5:05 am

sunnycat wrote:
I'm reading Congratulations! It's Asperger Syndrome by Jen Birch...It's a lovely memoir...I'm only on the first few chapters, and I can relate to many things if not all...

haha, same. Have that here myself
Also starting to read a teen book called 'Set In Stone' by Linda Newberry. It looks very interesting to me.

Zhomper
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

01 Apr 2007, 8:57 pm

New Science - Vico

Trekkie91405
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Inside a room in which only myself and Michael Crawford are allowed... *wink wink*

02 Apr 2007, 1:25 pm

Dragon's Milk, by Susan Fletcher. I highly recommend it.

BeyondInfinity
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Apr 2007, 2:59 pm

I'm reading Einstein's Theory of Relativity: Max Born and Introduction to Mathematical Philosophy: Bertrand Russell

RedMage
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2007, 10:54 pm

Outcast[not KBABZ's one, a real one.]