Page 62 of 297 [ 4750 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 297  Next

ForFlorence
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Jul 2010, 6:00 pm

Jeanette Winterson, The Stone Gods

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 8:27 pm

I'm audiobooking Daemon by Daniel Suarez. And by looking up the author's name just now, I have learned that there's a second book, which means I now have to spend more money. :(

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 10:02 pm

Isaac Asimov: Prelude to Foundation
Ray Bradbury: The Martian Chronicles
Philip K Dick - Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep

Gonna be read in that order too.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

ForFlorence
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Jul 2010, 7:04 am

SamwiseGamgee wrote:
I'm audiobooking Daemon by Daniel Suarez. And by looking up the author's name just now, I have learned that there's a second book, which means I now have to spend more money. :(

Audiobooks are wonderful :D

b9
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 8:31 am

i was reading, but did not finish this book because i can not grasp the fundamental concept of it.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 12:56 pm

ForFlorence wrote:
SamwiseGamgee wrote:

I couldn't agree more. I find them ideal for fiction, and for reading before bed. I just wish they weren't so expensive.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 2:59 pm

SamwiseGamgee wrote:
ForFlorence wrote:
SamwiseGamgee wrote:

I couldn't agree more. I find them ideal for fiction, and for reading before bed. I just wish they weren't so expensive.

I love them for long road trips. Way better than listening to music, IMO.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 3:00 pm

SamwiseGamgee wrote:
ForFlorence wrote:
SamwiseGamgee wrote:

Libraries usually have a selection of audio books.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 3:55 pm

buryuntime wrote:
SamwiseGamgee wrote:
ForFlorence wrote:
SamwiseGamgee wrote:

I dunno, I myself prefer having a real, made of paper, book in front of me.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 4:07 pm

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
buryuntime wrote:
SamwiseGamgee wrote:
ForFlorence wrote:
SamwiseGamgee wrote:

Yeah, I like physical books as well. Just saying libraries have them, they're popular at mine.

I'm still reading Great Expectations by Dickens and The Castle by Kafka.

ForFlorence
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Jul 2010, 6:00 pm

buryuntime wrote:
SamwiseGamgee wrote:
ForFlorence wrote:
SamwiseGamgee wrote:

:heart: Libraries :heart:

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 8:02 pm

buryuntime wrote:
SamwiseGamgee wrote:
ForFlorence wrote:
SamwiseGamgee wrote:

That's true, I should check out my library. I gave up on libraries a while back because I usually take longer than the borrow length and didn't want to go back and forth all the time.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 10:44 pm

buryuntime wrote:
DemonAbyss10 wrote:
buryuntime wrote:
SamwiseGamgee wrote:
ForFlorence wrote:
SamwiseGamgee wrote:

Yeah, I like physical books as well. Just saying libraries have them, they're popular at mine.

What sucks is the local library around here has practically nothing of interest to me, it being like 99% non-fiction in all honesty. It has basically nothing in the way of sci-fi and fantasy :/

Plus I just outright dont like audiobooks. You are supposed to read it, not let someone else do it for ya In my opinion. I just feel actually reading and touching it gives much more mental stimulation, and one of my favorite scents is the old musty tome smell XD

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2010, 11:57 pm

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
buryuntime wrote:
DemonAbyss10 wrote:
buryuntime wrote:
SamwiseGamgee wrote:
ForFlorence wrote:
SamwiseGamgee wrote:

What sucks is the local library around here has practically nothing of interest to me, it being like 99% non-fiction in all honesty. It has basically nothing in the way of sci-fi and fantasy :/

Plus I just outright dont like audiobooks. You are supposed to read it, not let someone else do it for ya In my opinion. I just feel actually reading and touching it gives much more mental stimulation, and one of my favorite scents is the old musty tome smell XD

A lot of people aren't aware that libraries have inter-loan systems, as in you can request a book and they will send it from a library in your state. It's kind of where I get books I'm not sure if I'll like enough to personally own.

My library is evenly divided between nonfiction / fiction. The problem is the selection isn't great.

ForFlorence
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

31 Jul 2010, 7:19 am

SamwiseGamgee wrote:
buryuntime wrote:
SamwiseGamgee wrote:
ForFlorence wrote:
SamwiseGamgee wrote:

That's true, I should check out my library. I gave up on libraries a while back because I usually take longer than the borrow length and didn't want to go back and forth all the time.

Don't forget you can renew, sometimes up to three times! Nearly everything is digital these days so you can place books on hold, search and renew from the comfort of your home without having to go anywhere.

JVaughn
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Jul 2010, 8:32 am

One of the several books I am reading.

Hannah Arendt - Origins of Totalitarianism