Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 11:23 am

I talk to my violin all the time. Right now, he's in the shop and I keep saying, "Please come home!" When I play him, it's like I'm giving him a hug.

I know there have to be other musicians who do this. :lol:

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 1:04 pm

couple things, how long have you talked with your violin?? whats his name?? I am sure he misses you while he's in the shop.

i am not a musician, but do understand the talking to objects thing, common with some aspies, as i sometimes talk to my door hardware (not in public!) and some do have names,

-Jess

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 1:30 pm

Well I don't talk to my instruments but instead I do this:

With my MIDI keyboard I play it even when it's turned off and I listen to a song in my headphones while doing the keyboard part.

My Ukulele is called Hawaii Kai. I didn't give it its name. It was the name of the private brand which it belongs to ;) Not so many Ukes with that brand name are actually there, you can get a Hawaii Kai only from a specific vendor on Ebay.

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 1:44 pm

doordoctor wrote:
couple things, how long have you talked with your violin?? whats his name?? I am sure he misses you while he's in the shop.

i am not a musician, but do understand the talking to objects thing, common with some aspies, as i sometimes talk to my door hardware (not in public!) and some do have names,

-Jess

His name is Momo and I talked with him ever since I first received him. He's been in the family for over 100 years but no one in the generation before me played him. He probably misses me, but is getting a lot of needed attention. It's kind of like being at the spa. LOL

doordoctor
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 1:49 pm

kouzoku wrote:
doordoctor wrote:

-Jess

His name is Momo and I talked with him ever since I first received him. He's been in the family for over 100 years but no one in the generation before me played him. He probably misses me, but is getting a lot of needed attention. It's kind of like being at the spa. LOL

even though hes not with you, he may still be happy you have him, due to if you cannot fix their elements yourself, best thing is to do is take them to someone who knows what to do just think of the shop as Momo's doctor. most likely he really appreciates your attention that your giving to him (playing and talking to him) and he had to wait a long time before the perfect person found him, you.

-Jess

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 2:33 pm

I talk to my Synclavier. She doesn't have a name, but she is as an elegant lady as she is powerful. And, my oh my does she have a lovely voice!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 2:38 pm

I sometimes say, "What's the frequency, Kenwood?" to one of my favorite instruments...

mikassyna
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 2:43 pm

My violin is "my baby." Even when I've passed out from exhaustion near my instrument, I've never rolled over onto my baby!

I don't like other people touching or playing my baby. I will tell people, "Hands off my baby!"

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 2:47 pm

Fnord wrote:
I sometimes say, "What's the frequency, Kenwood?" to one of my favorite instruments...

LOL!

kouzoku
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2013, 2:48 pm

I guess maybe since we don't get on with humans so well, we bond with our instruments?

dajand8
Raven
Raven

24 May 2013, 4:01 pm

I talk to my fiddle and she has a name, after one of my favorite players. I also sometimes pet it like a pet.