Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

angelofdarkness
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jul 2013, 8:49 am

I don't know if this would be a good story or not. The basic plot is that in the future, society has become too superficial and hates anyone who is different. Instead of using advanced technology yo help anyone who is different though they send them off to an island. This Island was once used to try and create super soldiers however the experiments failed and the subjects left behind are dying. Once the people are shipped there however they procreate which leads to a race of humans with above average intelligence and some different kinds of super human powers but the new race isn't very good at interacting with anyone outside their own race since the rest of civilization won't give them a chance. Everyone in this new subspecies of human has one power and something about their appearance that is affected by it. However some powers such as telekinesis and telepathy don't really have any changes to them. So some of the people with powers such as that manage to get back to the rest of civilization and can blend in for the most part. However five years later a type of scanner is created that can detect their powers so they are taken back to the island and executed to show what will happen to others that attempt the same thing. No more attempts are however until as hybrid is born. His power is to alter technology and bend it to his will. Most people with his power have metal on their body somewhere but since he is a hybrid, be only has ears that slightly pointed and would just appear to be a shy person...

Holmesian
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Jul 2013, 9:31 am

I think if you do it right it has potential.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 9:54 am

Careful of getting too close to the "society hates mutants" thing of the X-Men.
It's quite a good outline, and you've detailed it nicely.

aspiemike
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 11:58 am

I believe it could work. It sounds almost like an Equilibrium meets X-Men type story.

TiredMom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Jul 2013, 4:42 pm

Sounds like a very promising plot--but it all depends on the writing.

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 10:57 pm

Good luck with your book. I hope it all works out.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2013, 11:03 pm

It's been done, only without the "X-Men" superpowers.

Star Trek: The Next Generation had an episode entitled "Into Darkness".

Quote:
In the mid-24th century, the Angosians were involved in a protracted conflict called the Tarsian War. Being inherently non-violent, the Angosian authorities were forced to subject their soldiers to genetic engineering and chemical manipulation in order to successfully end the conflict. However, it was discovered that the process was irreversible, and when the war ended, the "super soldiers" were unable to function within or co-exist alongside the normal population of Angosian society, and as such were confined indefinitely to a penal settlement on an Angosian moon, Lunar V, and considered to be outcasts and criminals.