Page 3 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

jmoney
Raven
Raven

24 Apr 2005, 2:25 am

Quote:
Marilyn Manson - Ooooh look... Wow!! !! ! A man in makeup singing about Satan...... that's just so...... 1970s....... Its just been done so many times before, so many times better before I'm afraid...... Go buy yourself some old Bowie albums and see how its really done, kids.

Tell me when and where Manson said he was pro-Satan? How can you judge someone when you know nothing about them.

Quote:
Rage Against the Machine - Good in very small doses. I just don't understand though why a perfectly good guitarist such as Mr. Morello would want to go to so much effort to make his guitar sound like a fricking DJ though? A proper guitarist should play proper guitar, not make "rappy" noises! What a waste......

You don't like it, so it's a waste?

Quote:
Rap "Music" of any kind - the only thing in the known universe that makes bagpipes sound good in comparison. Sorry guys, but if you listen to rap then you have the musical appreciation and intelligence of a staple gun....

I don't listen to much rap at all, but it does get better than what you hear on the radio. Considering that rap/hip-hop has such a big influence on all kinds of music, I don't see how you can say any kind of it is bad.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2005, 6:38 am

jmoney wrote:
Tell me when and where Manson said he was pro-Satan? How can you judge someone when you know nothing about them.

Me and Marilyn are like that money-baby (/me crosses fingers). :wink:

jmoney wrote:
You don't like it, so it's a waste?

Basically, yes..... The electric guitar is a wonderful instrument that makes wondeful noises (especially when I'm playing it :wink:), so why use it to make distasteful noise instead? There are ample implements in the world that make distasteful noise very readily, so use one of those instead...... You wouldn't use the canvas of the Mona Lisa to mop up an oil-spill - you'd use an oily rag. You shouldn't use a guitar to make "rappy" noises, you should use a power drill or somesuch. Simple.

jmoney wrote:
I don't listen to much rap at all, but it does get better than what you hear on the radio. Considering that rap/hip-hop has such a big influence on all kinds of music, I don't see how you can say any kind of it is bad.

Given that having my kneecaps removed with tweezers is preferable to listening to any rap I've heard on radio, that isn't a tremendous achievement or endorsement now, is it? :wink: