Eazy-E
All of Shady Camp
Wu Tang Clan

A

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2005, 12:54 pm

NOOOOO!! !! !! ! RAP!! !! !! ! 8O AHHHH!! !! !! !.......
I like some of the oldschool rap, but stuff today's rap artists make is terrible.
:<( Ugh.....Snoop Dogg!! !! ! :(

Rakkety_Tamm
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2005, 5:08 pm

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
Rakkety_Tamm wrote
Quote:
Seven Nations

Ahhh!! !! !! Bagpipes!! !! !! ! :x Evil noise!! !!

I'm sorry. I've heard them before. I like the songs WITHOUT bagpipes.

I'm sorry, but you don't know what your missing. Bagpipes are amazing instruments, and they are so much fun to play, if you don't like them, too bad, but the songs will not sound right with out them.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2005, 6:30 pm

I love Bagpipes. :)

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2005, 10:37 pm

Squeak! Squeal! Naaaaa!! !!

I'm a bagpipe!! !! ! :twisted:

Note: I'm sorry I don't like high pitched, squeaky instruments.

car_crash
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

15 Apr 2005, 3:12 am

the Manics -great
the Smiths - great
The Cure -good
Placebo- average
Radiohead- average
Garbage- shite

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2005, 8:27 pm

OK, OK..... enough amateur-hour opinion...... let a true music afficionado give you taste-challenged mortals the real 911: :wink:

The Manics - Very, very good band (especially in their earlier days), but not quite great...... Not too far off though.

The Smiths - One of the very greatest bands ever to have danced embarassingly on Top Of The Pops wearing an NHS hearing aid and a tree in their back pocket. Had the unique power to make you laugh and cry, sometimes simultaneously - absolute genius!

The Cure - Another all-time great band - 25 years of no compromise (mostly) brilliance: 'nuff said.

Placebo - Absolutely great in small doses - do tend to get a bit much over a whole album's distance though.....

Radiohead - Utterly brilliant, innovative and challenging. Best band of the 90s and noughties, second only (probably) to Mansun.

Garbage - Get a dictionary, look up the word "average" - chances are there'll be a picture of Garbage there to illustrate the true meaning of the word.

Judas Priest - The living embodiment of "Spinal Tap". Utterly embarrassing and the (probably unintentionally?) funniest looking band ever!

Black Sabbath/Ozzy - Have their moments I suppose..... Ozzy's done well for a Brummie booze artist anyway.... Utterly outclassed on all levels by Purple, Zeppelin et al though.

Alice Cooper - OKish.....

Marilyn Manson - Ooooh look... Wow!! !! ! A man in makeup singing about Satan...... that's just so...... 1970s....... Its just been done so many times before, so many times better before I'm afraid...... Go buy yourself some old Bowie albums and see how its really done, kids. :wink:

Korn - Urrrghhhh!! !! :? Sound exactly the same as Metallica would if somebody buried their amps at the bottom of the sea.....

Rage Against the Machine - Good in very small doses. I just don't understand though why a perfectly good guitarist such as Mr. Morello would want to go to so much effort to make his guitar sound like a fricking DJ though? :? A proper guitarist should play proper guitar, not make "rappy" noises! What a waste......

Nine Inch Nails - Good in medium doses - a bit overrated though I feel.

Bagpipes - The infernal, unholy spawn of Satan's tone-deaf, lesser known (but still remarkably evil) brother Marmaduke Zeebub.

Rap "Music" of any kind - the only thing in the known universe that makes bagpipes sound good in comparison. Sorry guys, but if you listen to rap then you have the musical appreciation and intelligence of a staple gun....

Celtic music - Huh? 8O

duncvis
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2005, 8:42 pm

TAFKASH wrote:
bagpipes - The infernal, unholy spawn of Satan's tone-deaf, lesser known (but still remarkably evil) brother Marmaduke Zeebub.

can't.... breathe.... laughing too much... :lol: welcome back TAFKASH!

www.last.fm/user/nursethescreams <<my last.fm thingy

FOR THE HORDE!

Tom
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2005, 3:36 am

Tafkash, all that metal, how appropriate that it was your 666 post!

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2005, 6:24 am

tom wrote:
Tafkash, all that metal, how appropriate that it was your 666 post!

I feel a chill in the air....... :? Do not adjust the set... we control the horizontal..... we control the vertical (/me does "X-Files" whistle for added spooky atmosphere....) Is there anybody there?..... Knock once for yes, yodel "When I'm calling you" for no.......

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2005, 8:12 am

TAFKASH wrote:

Quote:
..... Ozzy's done well for a Brummie booze artist anyway....

I think Ozzy is great! He cracks me up.

Welcome back TAFKASH...been missin' ya style...

I cracked up at your recent signiture update!

:twisted:

Elfman's daily 'poor me' message, brought to you by "It's All About Me" free to air frequency.
Thankyou for you subscription!

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2005, 2:14 pm

ElfMan wrote:
TAFKASH wrote:

Quote:
..... Ozzy's done well for a Brummie booze artist anyway....

I think Ozzy is great! He cracks me up.

Welcome back TAFKASH...been missin' ya style...

I cracked up at your recent signiture update!

:twisted:

Well - I just had to acquiesce to the massive public demand for my return sometime, you know..... :wink:

171NewYork
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Apr 2005, 3:56 pm

The ure is OK...that's only one of these bands I'e heard of. :|

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2005, 10:37 pm

TAFKASH said:

Quote:
bagpipes - The infernal, unholy spawn of Satan's tone-deaf, lesser known (but still remarkably evil) brother Marmaduke Zeebub.

Yay!! !! ! :D I can't stand bagpipes. I have someone to agree with again. Woo-hoo!! !! Nice to see you're back. I'd love to hear what you think of Aerosmith.

TAFKASH
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2005, 12:51 pm

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
I'd love to hear what you think of Aerosmith.

They're OK I suppose...... Sorry - can't dredge up any more controversy on Aerosmith than that really..... They're just.... OK...... sorry..... :oops:

jmoney
Raven
Raven

24 Apr 2005, 2:25 am

Quote:
Marilyn Manson - Ooooh look... Wow!! !! ! A man in makeup singing about Satan...... that's just so...... 1970s....... Its just been done so many times before, so many times better before I'm afraid...... Go buy yourself some old Bowie albums and see how its really done, kids.

Tell me when and where Manson said he was pro-Satan? How can you judge someone when you know nothing about them.

Quote:
Rage Against the Machine - Good in very small doses. I just don't understand though why a perfectly good guitarist such as Mr. Morello would want to go to so much effort to make his guitar sound like a fricking DJ though? A proper guitarist should play proper guitar, not make "rappy" noises! What a waste......

You don't like it, so it's a waste?

Quote:
Rap "Music" of any kind - the only thing in the known universe that makes bagpipes sound good in comparison. Sorry guys, but if you listen to rap then you have the musical appreciation and intelligence of a staple gun....

I don't listen to much rap at all, but it does get better than what you hear on the radio. Considering that rap/hip-hop has such a big influence on all kinds of music, I don't see how you can say any kind of it is bad.