Page 2 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

21 Aug 2014, 5:42 am

You know, I will sometimes chuckle when I hear Justin Bieber being called a "young girl". XD

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2014, 4:54 pm

equestriatola wrote:
You know, I will sometimes chuckle when I hear Justin Bieber being called a "young girl". XD

Even though this isn't supposed to be funny, I have a habit of laughing whenever I hear about
Bieber being called "gay." :oops: :lol:

wozeree
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2014, 8:09 pm

I saw him today. He was coming out of a studio as I rode past on my bike. Girls were screaming and chasing him, some got into a cab and yelled, "Follow that car!" It was pretty funny.

I have to say that I see a lot of celebrities, nobody here bothers them, we just go about our own business. But I've seen the Bieb twice in the last month and both times he's had crazy chanting crowds. The first time he was just in a restaurant, not coming out of a studio. But still I pass that studio every morning and see lots of crowds waiting for celebs and they don't get that kind of hysteria.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Aug 2014, 8:40 pm

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I've never met anyone who doesn't hate him. How can he be so rich if everyone hates him? It doesn't make sense.

When I deejay ladies request him. Its always the hottest chick at the party who requests him.

So there ARE folks out there who like him.

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2014, 12:24 am

#1 The music is awful.
#2 Bieber is personally annoying and comes off as narcissist. Although in reality he may simply be because of no fault of his own, a very mentally screwed up kid.
#3 The amount of times we are forced to listen to it, its impossible to avoid no matter how hard you try.

Dislike eventually turns to hate after so many listens.

Virgofall
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Aug 2014, 7:35 pm

I literally don't care either way about him as a person, as for his music, at least he doesn't sound like a dying cat (to my ears, anyway. But then again, if we're going to go into Justin Bieber vs. reliving emotional traumas, then Bieber, please.).

Though I definitely think that the hatred he's known to have is counterproductive, since, really, whether or not you hate or like someone, knowing you have a strong preference toward someone/something means that the person/thing is known.
"omg I hate justin beiber" Yes, but you're still talking about him.

khaoz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2014, 9:08 pm

No hate for him, just don't care. He, along with the majority of "musical"acts his age are popular more because of their appearance and antics than any perceived "talent." i don't even hear anything about his singing anymore. He is only in public light because of the stupid, childish stuff he does to draw attention to himself. Mostly he is just an attention whore. He should just walk around wearing a T-shirt that says "please look at me"

charcoalsketches
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Aug 2014, 1:14 pm

I agree. What people don't seem to understand about Justin Bieber is that while his ability to play instruments is fine and dandy, his music is still the new generation carbon copy of what NSYNC, Backstreet Boys and 98 Degrees created back in the 90s. The routine goes like this: cute boy gets record deal for singing, mostly women go hella crazy for him, the music loses substance in comparison to others before him, he eventually goes haywire balancing the hate and love from people, and within twenty years or so, these people will feel embarrassed to have liked his music, once they find something of more substance.

I'm not exactly hating on his music. I'm hating on the industry that knows how to sell pop music through a cute boy with hypnotic eyes, and I don't think he realized what he was being roped into the moment he went completely mainstream.

Bun
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2014, 12:34 am

Hey, *NSYNC were actually good! /boyband lover

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2014, 1:34 pm

charcoalsketches wrote:
I agree. What people don't seem to understand about Justin Bieber is that while his ability to play instruments is fine and dandy, his music is still the new generation carbon copy of what NSYNC, Backstreet Boys and 98 Degrees created back in the 90s. The routine goes like this: cute boy gets record deal for singing, mostly women go hella crazy for him, the music loses substance in comparison to others before him, he eventually goes haywire balancing the hate and love from people, and within twenty years or so, these people will feel embarrassed to have liked his music, once they find something of more substance.

I'm not exactly hating on his music. I'm hating on the industry that knows how to sell pop music through a cute boy with hypnotic eyes, and I don't think he realized what he was being roped into the moment he went completely mainstream.

:thumleft:

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2014, 11:11 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcTLJ692F70[/youtube]
Beethoven may had anger issues, but at least he was contrary to Bieber, you know, a genius who brought innovation to music. Bieber may be more popular now, but Beethoven will be remembered long after Bieber will be forgotten.

peaceloveerin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Oct 2014, 7:20 pm

Justin Bieber is hated by almost everyone except boy-crazy teenaged girls! He's also become an arrogant idiot!

bungleton
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Oct 2014, 8:23 am

^ I think the instant fame and vast quantity of high-quality drugs available to him can largely account for the arrogance.

Personally, I think his image embodies everything that's wrong with the world. More the way he's been manipulated, and the way he is used to manipulate than him as a person. I dunno, I'm pretty cynical of advertising and marketing... All the conspiracy nuts going on about how the media's simply a distraction have started making a lot more sense to me over the last 5 years :lol:

Everyone's watching!
So here... Are my hopes and aspirations
Nothing but puke
God, I'm so loooooonelaaaaaaayyyy
*power stance, air guitar*

Alternative
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 3:27 pm

Arrogance mainly. Almost like he's rubbing his fame, fortune and fans in your face.

Zajie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 4:21 pm

I don't care about him but most people hate him from what I noticed

LexingtonDeville
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2014, 6:05 pm

Humanaut wrote:
People are just jealous because he is rich and famous, and gets all the girls.

Try telling that to Orlando Bloom. He should of knocked that little prat out. Justin Bieber is the antichrist of the music industry and stands for everything i hate in the mainstream.

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe: Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion; I've watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time; like tears in rain. Time to die." Roy Batty