Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2014, 4:16 pm

So I find that 90% of the time my attitude towards music and art is a very gentle barely perceptible simmer. I prtty much live and breath art but my life is more or less passionless. However once in a while a woman comes along who I find some romantic attraction to. This generates a massive burst of creativity. Ive been composing virtually non stop for days now. Ive had to drag myself from the house kicking and screaming and ive cancelled appointments and not replied to texts. Awesome. Or it would be awesome except its hardly ideal. The last time this happened was 6 years ago XD

I meet with her most days and chat/have coffee/ talk about art which is awesome, but this is far from ideal.

Exemplifying anecdote over, does anyone experience this sort of creative heave-to when a love interest is introduced into their life?

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

Skurvey
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Sep 2014, 5:23 pm

When inspiration comes, it just comes, and I think it's important to get it out when it's flowing, no matter where the inspiration comes from. There can definitely be something sexual in the practice of art - I don't mean that in some perverted way, just the energy involved is similar energy used in romancing (from a blokes' perspective).

Being interrupted when you're in the zone can be very distressing to say the least, and can be quite a surpise for those doing the interrupting.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2014, 10:59 pm

When I write, I have to be completely clear headed - not particularly enamored with anyone (though I love being in love with my wife), not particularly depressed, certainly not drunk, etc. My head has to be clear as a bell, and completely focused.

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2014, 11:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
When I write, I have to be completely clear headed - not particularly enamored with anyone (though I love being in love with my wife), not particularly depressed, certainly not drunk, etc. My head has to be clear as a bell, and completely focused.

Im working with a musician who is the same. One of the goals of his life is to simplify life down to the bare essentials so that everything can be channelled into his art without distraction. I wish that I could get there, this is why I find the situation so frustrating. I love creating music when im ultra focused, but my mind wanders while I work. Also I enjoy creating abstract work which refers only to archetypes and basic forms but the whole situation gives my art a concrete subject and introduces a very specific audience because of course i'll showit toher lol

My history on this forum preserves my old and unregenerate self. In the years since I posted here I have undergone many changes. I accept responsibility for my posts but I no longer stand behind them.
And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high Hebrews 1:3

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2014, 11:24 pm

Ectryon wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Im working with a musician who is the same. One of the goals of his life is to simplify life down to the bare essentials so that everything can be channelled into his art without distraction. I wish that I could get there, this is why I find the situation so frustrating. I love creating music when im ultra focused, but my mind wanders while I work. Also I enjoy creating abstract work which refers only to archetypes and basic forms but the whole situation gives my art a concrete subject and introduces a very specific audience because of course i'll showit toher lol

Trust me, I get distracted way more than I'd like to admit!