Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2014, 7:07 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm4nRuUjxxI

I need some constructive criticism. BTW. you can use this piece for non-commercial projects, if you like (ie. a mod for EU4 or CK2 or whatever) :)

EsotericResearch
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Sep 2014, 8:02 pm

Hey, I really like this tune. Keep it up.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

07 Sep 2014, 2:13 am

EsotericResearch wrote:
Hey, I really like this tune. Keep it up.

I'm glad you like it :)

Lilblizzy
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Sep 2014, 2:25 pm

This was really good. I've listened to a few of your other tracks while I was on your YouTube page, you're very talented.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 3:17 am

Lilblizzy wrote:
This was really good. I've listened to a few of your other tracks while I was on your YouTube page, you're very talented.

Thanks. Actually it didn't take me much time to compose. I think... maybe 1-2 days or so :)

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 8:27 am

Not a bad soundtrack at all, as for constructive criticism... I don't really have any sorry. I couldn't hear any major problems at all, but I'm curious what the time signature of the piece is? My guess would be 6/8

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 8:52 am

Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
Not a bad soundtrack at all, as for constructive criticism... I don't really have any sorry. I couldn't hear any major problems at all, but I'm curious what the time signature of the piece is? My guess would be 6/8

How do I or you know that?

Because, I've never really grasped the idea of time signatures.

I just make the melody up in my mind, then play, then record the notes I play, and so forth. Build it up, and get a good soundtrack out of it. I can't read sheet music.
I don't know about time signatures. And I can't even play an instrument or a piano. I play on a regular pc keyboard.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 9:35 am

thinkinginpictures wrote:
Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:

I just make the melody up in my mind, then play, then record the notes I play, and so forth. Build it up, and get a good soundtrack out of it. I can't read sheet music.
I don't know about time signatures. And I can't even play an instrument or a piano. I play on a regular pc keyboard.

A time signature indicates the melody or pacing of a piece. For example Beethoven's Fifth symphony has a 4/4 time signature, meaning it would have four beats in a bar. I guessed 6/8 for yours because I heard six notes consistently with every bar, although I could be wrong. It has been a while since I started listening to music less passively. I know about time signatures because when I was younger I played in the school band, and knowing about time signatures was kind of important.
Can't play the piano, but a key board similar to this -> Keyboard
If that's the case, then it would surprise me since a keyboard is pretty similar to a piano. Granted it's not exact, but they are pretty similar. Also, it's kinda difficult to compose music if you don't know about time signatures. Then again maybe not with so much being electronic nowadays. :?

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 11:39 am

Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:

A time signature indicates the melody or pacing of a piece. For example Beethoven's Fifth symphony has a 4/4 time signature, meaning it would have four beats in a bar. I guessed 6/8 for yours because I heard six notes consistently with every bar, although I could be wrong. It has been a while since I started listening to music less passively. I know about time signatures because when I was younger I played in the school band, and knowing about time signatures was kind of important.
If that's the case, then it would surprise me since a keyboard is pretty similar to a piano. Granted it's not exact, but they are pretty similar. Also, it's kinda difficult to compose music if you don't know about time signatures. Then again maybe not with so much being electronic nowadays. :?

Its the type of keyboard normally used to type with, that I play on. Not a MIDI keyboard.

As for timing, I usually start by playing two or three notes that makes up the "bass", the copy-paste it for the remaining part of the melody. Then I can play my melody hearing the drums or what I have, in the bacgrkound, thus have it timed correctly.

It's from there that I build the remaing parts of my music. I usually think of it as building a house: You start from the ground, and build it up as you go along with it. Playing melodies above other melodies, of course taking into consideration that the notes should match eatch other and not cause a disharmony.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2014, 12:12 pm

Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:

Its the type of keyboard normally used to type with, that I play on. Not a MIDI keyboard.

As for timing, I usually start by playing two or three notes that makes up the "bass", the copy-paste it for the remaining part of the melody. Then I can play my melody hearing the drums or what I have, in the bacgrkound, thus have it timed correctly.

It's from there that I build the remaing parts of my music. I usually think of it as building a house: You start from the ground, and build it up as you go along with it. Playing melodies above other melodies, of course taking into consideration that the notes should match eatch other and not cause a disharmony.

Okay, that makes sense now.

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2014, 11:17 am

I made a few more tracks, and compiled them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zidP8I8GWA

J0XT
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Sep 2014, 6:51 pm

Hey! I like it, sounds very good!! ! as for the time signature, it's in 4/4...

thinkinginpictures
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2014, 5:42 pm

J0XT wrote:
Hey! I like it, sounds very good!! ! as for the time signature, it's in 4/4...

If people like my music, why don't they press the Like-button?
:'(

I actually need them, in order to promote my music better.

rapidroy
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2014, 11:51 pm

Reminds me of playing Age of Empires, I always liked the music in that. Good work.

ajpd1989
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2014, 12:50 am

It's pretty good. I can't think of anything that I would change about it.

Mrrandomman
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Sep 2014, 8:46 pm

I could definitely see a small fighting force on horse back standing proud on a hilltop ready to fight with their lives.