Did Harry Potter say too much about the Elder Wand?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 5:55 am

At the end of the book Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, during his last standoff with Lord Voldemort, Harry went into a huge amount of expository dialogue with regard to the Elder Wand in front of what was probably hundreds of people who were following his and Voldemort's every word. Specifically, at the end, Harry declared and showed that the Elder Wand owed him its allegiance; what was also revealed was that Dumbledore was a previous owner of the Elder Wand.

This makes me wonder if Harry wasn't inviting himself to attack by other witches and wizards intent on gaining the allegiance of the Elder Wand and inviting Dumbledore's tomb to defilement again so that the said witch or wizard could actually gain possession.

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2015, 5:59 am

I have no idea. I seem to be one of the 1% of people on Earth who've never watched a single HP film or read any of the books.

xMistrox
Toucan
Toucan

05 Jan 2015, 6:54 pm

I agree, it is even worse that he then went on to become an Auror, which increases the likelihood the wand will be passed on instead of ceasing to be unusually powerful.

RAADS-R: 189 total
Diagnosed 9/2013

Alien_Papa
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2015, 12:53 am

I was quite disappointed that the outcome of the series rested on this pedantic explanation of the allegiance of a wand. Enjoyment of fantasy fiction requires some willing suspension of disbelief. The wand story drew me back into the reality of realizing that JKR was incapable of writing a better ending.

progaspie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2015, 4:41 am

I thought Harry Potter destroys the Elder wand because it possesses too much power. And isn't the reason that Harry Potter destroys Voltemort who has the Elder wand, is because Harry is using Malfoy's wand, which was the wand that was used to kill Dumbledore, the previous owner of the Elder wand.